Ladies road shoe capable of taking SPDs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Most road shoes, particularly those with carbon soles, take platforms for SPD-SLs or some such.

The Babe want's road shoes that are
- white, possibly with red,
- weigh next to nothing,
- preferably have dingly dangly windy bits rather than rely entirely on velcro and
- take SPDs.

Any thoughts?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
If you want SPDs rather than SPD-Rs, you may well be looking at MTB shoes, rather than road. Will probably weigh a bit more, but I'm sure you can get pretty light MTB shoes.

bonj2

"road shoe" and "takes SPDs [rather than SPD-SL]" is an oxymoron.

SPDs are a *mountain bike* pedal system, so it should come as no surprise that she needs *mountain bike* shoes.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Landslide said:
If you want SPDs rather than SPD-Rs, you may well be looking at MTB shoes, rather than road. Will probably weigh a bit more, but I'm sure you can get pretty light MTB shoes.
I'm afraid it's a style thing. The road shoes look whizzier.

I've been told that there is a Mavic ladies road shoe in white which will take both, but it's not particularly whizzy looking. (And if bonj says anything remotely informative I'm sure that someone will tell me).

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
why would you put SPDs on a road shoe? you will be walking on a small piece of metal and will destroy the cleat in no time. get the shoes that match the cleat.

Bigtwin

I was looking at shoe soles in Evans yesterday (too see what I could get Attacks onto for various reasons) - there were a fair few that took SPDs. Wasn't looking at the makes particularly, but they weren't Sidis, as they don't do them.

Shimano WR40 is one road that takes SPD 2 and 3 bolt, as does the Mavic Giova. Both are white.

I'd swing by and have a look.

bonj2

gaz said:
why would you put SPDs on a road shoe? you will be walking on a small piece of metal and will destroy the cleat in no time. get the shoes that match the cleat.

exactly. but his missus has decided she wants to look like a proper roadie but can't be bothered to learn to use the proper pedals. xx(

Top Bottom