Laptop pannier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
I'm looking for a pannier that will let me carry my 17" laptop and A4 conference folder and am looking for Suggestions.

Have seen an Altura and creek2peak on eBay that look good but it seems to be difficult to get details on the internal dimensions for the laptop compartment!

I'll measure my laptop later and post the size i need but anyone who actually carries a big 17" beasty laptop that can post what they use id really appreciate it!

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Right the dimensions of the laptop are;

40cm x 28cm by 5.2cm

Thanks for the comments on the Altura bag User, my altura jacket is excellent so was hoping that could be the one but looks like it's not great quality going by your experiences!

The creek2peak one is too small....

I have some Ortleib front rollers so no they are good bits of kit so don't mind spending out but can i find the internal measurements anywhere? arrgghh! Don't want to spend £85 on a bag that will not fit :sad:

Chickc78

I carry my 16" laptop to work in the top bag of my £15 LIDL pannier bags. The best bit is it is soo big that I leave my laptop in it's shoulder bag and the whole thing fits inside the LIDL top bag!

:thumbsup:

Just measured the top bag very roughly - it is around 48cm wide (probably a little more I was trying to be conservative)

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
I use the Ortlieb Backroller Classics, haven't had any problems fitting stuff in them, the laptop goes in a padded sleeve first.

Yes have been wondering if i should sell my Front Rollers for some back rollers..... getting dimensions of these things seems to be difficult though!!

Or get a new laptop of course :smile:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Yes have been wondering if i should sell my Front Rollers for some back rollers..... getting dimensions of these things seems to be difficult though!!

Or get a new laptop of course :smile:

Well in one pannier I can comfortably fit, laptop in travel sleeve which measures 42cm by 30cm, like a mini briefcase with it's own handle etc. Towel, shirt and underwear, complete change of cycling kit for the way home and lunch. If I needed to carry much in the way of files etc, then I'd probably take the second pannier as well, stop the shirt getting too crushed.

Top Bottom