Lawn Mowing B*stards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You know when you just want to enjoy your garden and some inconsiderate swine decides it's a good time to fire up the mower, a couple of hours later it stops but then the strimmer starts, buzzing away frantically like a herd of angry wasps.

Well today that annoying nobber was me, ha!

Anyway, bank holiday tomorrow, I demand peace and quiet all day - thank you!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
You should do the strimming first. Then the mower picks up all the strimmings and leaves it looking neat and tidy, innit?

asterix

Comrade Member
You know when you just want to enjoy your garden and some inconsiderate swine decides it's a good time to fire up the mower, a couple of hours later it stops but then the strimmer starts, buzzing away frantically like a herd of angry wasps.

Well today that annoying nobber was me, ha!

Anyway, bank holiday tomorrow, I demand peace and quiet all day - thank you!

Pah! That's nothing. 8 a.m. I was out there cracking up a concrete with a sledge hammer. It's great when the fragments scream through the air like bullets in a western before hitting the fence with a great crash. Sadly I have run out of path and won't be able to repeat the experience tomorrow. Just mowing the lawn is sooo boring..

A couple of hours :eek:

Where do you live TBN, Wembley?

Yep, here he is:
17985355-lone-man-cuts-the-turf-at-a-large-empty-football-stadium.jpg

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
i wish somebody would come and do mine

Me too. My garden is disgustingly overgrown with nettles and weeds and huge brambly roots more than an inch thick. I made a good start on it two weeks ago and got about a third of it done but *someone* left the strimmer out in the rain the other day so I'll need to wait for it to dry out properly and buy a decent pair of lopers before I can tackle the rest. I'm aiming to get a proper gardener at some point as I'd like it all levelled off and with a proper lawn with all the bramble roots dug out but I doubt that it'll happen this year.

Me too. My garden is disgustingly overgrown with nettles and weeds and huge brambly roots more than an inch thick. I made a good start on it two weeks ago and got about a third of it done but *someone* left the strimmer out in the rain the other day so I'll need to wait for it to dry out properly and buy a decent pair of lopers before I can tackle the rest. I'm aiming to get a proper gardener at some point as I'd like it all levelled off and with a proper lawn with all the bramble roots dug out but I doubt that it'll happen this year.

I'm sure Donna Summer did a cover of that.

asterix

Comrade Member
I waited until 10 am to mow my lawn this morning, in case people might be enjoying a lie-in. But last bank-holiday Monday my neighbours waited until six o'clock on a lovely sunny day to light a humongous smoky bonfire of junk and green garden rubbish that lasted for a couple of hours. The trouble is, matching anti-social behaviour with more anti-social behaviour doesn't really get us anywhere does it? Well, it wouldn't with my neighbours anyway, I'm pretty sure of that.

Yes you are quite right. My early start was made with a clear conscience since the neighbours naybours neigbors neighbors neighbours were away on 'oliday.

Top Bottom