Lawn Mowing B*stards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I waited until 10 am to mow my lawn this morning, in case people might be enjoying a lie-in. But last bank-holiday Monday my neighbours waited until six o'clock on a lovely sunny day to light a humongous smoky bonfire of junk and green garden rubbish that lasted for a couple of hours. The trouble is, matching anti-social behaviour with more anti-social behaviour doesn't really get us anywhere does it? Well, it wouldn't with my neighbours anyway, I'm pretty sure of that.
About 20 years ago, some new people moved in down the street from me and they decided to start doing some serious DIY. I'm talking sledgehammers and hammerdrills. I was 2 doors away but the noise was transmitted very efficiently through the stonework of our terraced houses. Still, can't complain, eh - they had a right to do up their new property.

The thing that irked me ever so slightly was that they started after midnight and continued until about 03:00 - the selfish f**kwits! :cursing:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Just had a bonfire to round off the garden activities - smokin'
Don't forget to fan the flames with a two-stroke leaf blower:thumbsup:

avalon

Guru
I live in a quiet country town of around 700 people. Everything is perfect and peaceful during the week while people are at work, but at the weekend it's lawn mowers, power tools, chainsaws, parties and day trippers passing through.

Ciar

Veteran
I had our lawn turfed 2 years ago and then had to reseed it, now it's growing at a rate of knots! honestly it grows 10-15cm within a bloody week, as for the mowing we get on well with the neighbours, usually I leave the mowing until early afternoon as i know my neighbours on the right like a shandy,so it would be completely unfair of me to disturb that hangover kip ;-)

donnydave

Über Member
We had a sound battle down our street on Sunday. First it was an electric strimmer, followed by a petrol mower. Normal so far. Bit later our ears were filled with a honda civic type R on someones driveway on the next street. We let them play for 10 mins then hit them with this

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
We let them play for 10 mins then hit them with this

is it any good for cutting the grass?

We had a sound battle down our street on Sunday. First it was an electric strimmer, followed by a petrol mower. Normal so far. Bit later our ears were filled with a honda civic type R on someones driveway on the next street. We let them play for 10 mins then hit them with this

Is it some kind of portable barbecue. Didn't look like you see if the burgers were done very easily.

donnydave

Über Member
Is it some kind of portable barbecue. Didn't look like you see if the burgers were done very easily.

its designed for sausages rather than burgers, pop one down each cylinder and one in each exhaust. There's also a handy fried egg area on top of the air filter

[QUOTE 2474987, member: 259"]Interesting. Does it work on Elder bushes? I've got an infestation of them in a hedge and I was toying with the idea of dragging them out of the privet foliage (or letting them grow out of the top and shielding the stuff I want to keep with plastic) and nuking the foliage with roundup ultra.

It would be a lot easier than digging the whole hedge up anyway...[/quote]

Yep: it should definitely do the job for you.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQonpyaQyMUiYr6AI_8P5S4Zbazd7znWRr_HtD16pbCMhBrGe_y.png

http://www.roundup-garden.com/

ayceejay

Guru
Round Up will only kill what is green and so will kill the leaves on your beech/privet as well as your elder but NOT the stem and root. Try to spot them when they are just seedlings and you can pull them out by hand.

Top Bottom