Lawn Mowing B*stards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 2474991, member: 259"]You could regenerate it it with a bit of plastic and some turps and then once it's going nicely a dead magpie and the remains of a couple of dozen of grilled sardines would work a treat - assuming you don't have an old mattress going spare. :thumbsup:[/quote]
...and that old roll of roofing felt will be appreciated by the neighbours too....:whistle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Round Up will only kill what is green and so will kill the leaves on your beech/privet as well as your elder but NOT the stem and root. Try to spot them when they are just seedlings and you can pull them out by hand.
Our sneaky elders were already well established when we bought the house... just a case of cutting them back each year as their roots are knotted around the beech.... but an alternative way of killing the elder off for good would be fantastic.

ayceejay

Guru
Our sneaky elders were already well established when we bought the house... just a case of cutting them back each year as their roots are knotted around the beech.... but an alternative way of killing the elder off for good would be fantastic.
I don't think such a thing exists but now that you have cut them down watch for new (soft) growth and with a gloved hand just rub it off if you are vigilant in this tedious task the elder will eventually give up. The time 'eventually' equates to is unknowable.

postman

Legendary Member
I was before a nobber before I started work on a golf course.

Weekends are best: I start cutting the greens at 05.30, knowing that I will have woken and annoyed dozens of households. :wahhey: :thanks:

My wife who was a police officer had to visit a golf club,a man had hung himself from a tree near one of the greens.The members who reported it had actually carried on playing their round.As she needed to speak to them she returned to the club house only to be informed as a women she was not allowed in certain parts of the building.
Well once she had threatened to arrest people who obstructed her in her duty she got some cooperation.
Nobbers all of them,some more members even played on while the body was still hanging from the tree.
I won't mention the course but i pass it on a regular basis.
Golf members seloesra most of them.

Top Bottom