LBS Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glover Fan

Afternoon.

Just a quick shout out to Terrys Cycles in Yate Nr Bristol, for some fantastic service this afternoon, still fairly new to this area of the country and I was actually recommended to these people by a fellow rider. I had given up with my front derailleur adjustment and could not stop the chain skipping off the front ring for love nor money so surrendered and cycled down to these guys this afternoon, a nice 8 mile flat ride.

Asked if they could have a look at it and replace the outer cable for my rear mech as it had split and was causing my chain to slip when changing gear.

Only took them 30 minutes or so, was chatting to another cyclist whilst it was being done. Turns out the bike I had bought from Wiggle had the front deraillieur set-up to low and so it had actually bent so they bent it back and reseated it properly and adjusted the limit screws accordingly. (This bike cost me near enough a thousand pounds with 105 groupset, so not particularly happy with Wiggle right now!!!).

Cost me a tenner all in, which tbh I thought was well worth the saving in hassle I would have had to sort it. Don't really know the going rate in LBS for this sort of repair, but anyway the most important thing was that the customer service was A* and I will definitely be going back to them again.

Jon.

By the way, gears are working perfectly now!

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Brilliant! Glad you found an LBS you can put your faith into :thumbsup:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It is always pleasing to start up a good relationship with a LBS. Long may it continue for you Glover Fan.

Top Bottom