Leaning shed problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bracing wires and adjusters.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
48bcfe2d4ac922407d40cdc213ad6b90a0f5290d_original.png

Slick

Guru
Nah, that would do me in as well. If you have something you can use as an anchor point you can winch it back into plumb with a ratchet strap then re fix the bolts holding the shed together or even add more timber brace inside the shed. Loads of options depending on what's around the vicinity.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5337433, member: 43827"]The bracing wire from the top of the wall that is leaning out to the base of the opposite wall? I shall think about that.

You don't know how tight I am with money. Besides, it is sound, and like the Leaning Tower of Pizza will last for hundreds of years.[/QUOTE]
Leaning Tower of Pizza could disappear in one night, contents at least.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa on the other hand, may remain standing.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Nah, that would do me in as well. If you have something you can use as an anchor point you can winch it back into plumb with a ratchet strap then re fix the bolts holding the shed together or even add more timber brace inside the shed. Loads of options depending on what's around the vicinity.

^^WHS^^
Also try to find out what has given way to cause the lean.
It would also do my head in well, but sometimes your pocket has got to take a hit to maintain the world as you cope with it.

MikeG

Guru
The problem is that most sheds have too flimsy a frame to accept the point loads from a bracing wire. A ratchet strap, by the way, is the best bracing you can find for this circumstance........but as I say, getting a decent fixing at either end, something which won't just break out under tension, is going to be your issue.

The next thing to understand is that simply stretching it back into rectinlinearity is only half the problem. You then have to retain it like that. A diagonal brace nailed or screwed to each vertical in the frame would do the job nicely (a piece of 25x100 is best, because you can get 2 fixings per stud), but the other option is some ply or OSB planted onto the face of the frame and screwed in place.

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 5337485, member: 43827"]A hole drilled through struts and cladding at both ends of the shed with metal plates on the outside and carriage bolts through from the inside?

I was thinking of that second option to hold it firm.[/QUOTE]

Describe your frame. If it is 2x1 softwood, then extreme caution.........

Top Bottom