Leeds - Scarborough 7 September 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Giving this a bump as it's slipping down the page

Advance tickets are on sale now for that weekend. The train company blurb says bike reservations are required and that there are only two per train. But I don't know if this is actually enforced at Scarborough or not. On the Llandudno ride the train staff are cool and let everyone on

I'll get on with planning the route. Really it only needs a bit of head scratching to get us out of Leeds and then there are a few options when we near Scarborough. There will be the hillier and flatter options depending on which you prefer

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm in!

Like @Buck I need something to focus on and this looks like just the thing.

Just a point about the trains, it will be Trans Pennine Express back to Leeds (or York, etc) and it's currently just an hourly service. Northern will only take you to Hull from Scarborough.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm in! I need something to focus on and this looks like just the thing.
Go for it Dave. You doing the full route this year?

I will have to pass the ride this time. I am working and also have stuff lined up for the following two weekends so cannot possibly get away with taking more holidays just for a jolly for me. :sad:

It sucks, but I'm sure you will all survive without me.....

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Go for it Dave. You doing the full route this year?

I will have to pass the ride this time. I am working and also have stuff lined up for the following two weekends so cannot possibly get away with taking more holidays just for a jolly for me. :sad:

It sucks, but I'm sure you will all survive without me.....

Hopefully the full route, if I can get myself fit enough.
Regardless, I should be alright to make it at least
as far as Mrs B's...;)

Shame you won't be joining us @I like Skol

Buck

Guru
I'm in!

Like @Buck I need something to focus on and this looks like just the thing.

Just a point about the trains, it will be Trans Pennine Express back to Leeds (or York, etc) and it's currently just an hourly service. Northern will only take you to Hull from Scarborough.

My error Dave. I’m so usd to northern that I default to their website :whistle:

I’ll update my post so as not to confuse people!

As with the previous couple of years, I'm very keen to join this one. We will have our house on the market soon though, and my son will be leaving home for that London sometime in September, so again I'll have to dither up until the last minute I'm afraid.

If I can make it I'll likely ride up from Hull to meet you all somewhere between York and the Howardian hills.

Thanks for the heads up about the train bookings. I'll be aiming for a late train home, but if all else fails can ride down to Bempton and crash at my parents' caravan.

Cheers.

si_c

Guru
Sadly I can't come this year again, Mrs C booked us an impromptu vacation at her parents house.

For those going have a great day!

Slioch

Guru
Count me in please. Been wanting to do this ride for the last couple of years but always had something else in the diary that I couldn't wriggle out of!

If you're planning on stopping at Mrs B's in Cawood again, I'll ride down from York and meet you there.

Are you in a position yet to give an eta for Scarborough, so I can book a cheap train ticket back? I'll build in some additional time for the fish n chips though.

Thanks
:hello:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

Unless things change markedly, I'll be ferrying the eldest down to start Uni in that there London.

Still, on the bright side at least it means it probably wont be raining.....

Top Bottom