Leeds - Scarborough 7 September 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm in. And I've got a few train tickets to prove it...

tix.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm in. And I've got a few train tickets to prove it...

View attachment 483058
Drowning in orange cardboard…

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If anybody fancies joining in but not ending up in Scarborough, I still intend to ride as far as the cafe stop at Norton and after that say my farewells and ride back to Garforth for a train home. (It is only a couple of stops outside Leeds but it saves having to ride back into the city.) You would be welcome to join me for that. If you need a gpx file for my return route, let me know.

PS I am not trying to poach riders from Scarborough, rather trying to encourage people who don't fancy ending up there with a long journey back! :okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If anybody fancies joining in but not ending up in Scarborough, I still intend to ride as far as the cafe stop at Norton and after that say my farewells and ride back to Garforth for a train home. (It is only a couple of stops outside Leeds but it saves having to ride back into the city.) You would be welcome to join me for that. If you need a gpx file for my return route, let me know.

PS I am not trying to poach riders from Scarborough, rather trying to encourage people who don't fancy ending up there with a long journey back! :okay:

Hi @ColinJ - presumably you're aware that there are no longer direct trains from Garforth to Tod? Due to the wonderful way Northern operate things, you now need to change at Leeds.

There is an hourly service from Church Fenton to Hebden Bridge though (which doesn't stop at Garforth...) in case you fancy adding a few extra miles on the end? :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi @ColinJ - presumably you're aware that there are no longer direct trains from Garforth to Tod? Due to the wonderful way Northern operate things, you now need to change at Leeds.

There is an hourly service from Church Fenton to Hebden Bridge though (which doesn't stop at Garforth...) in case you fancy adding a few extra miles on the end? :smile:
Yes, I thought I'd be changing at Leeds, but thanks anyway. I'll already be doing a couple of miles above my target distance so I won't feel like adding any more. The A646 loses whatever charm it had once you have ridden it a few hundred times! :okay:

At least there are plenty of trains from Garforth to Leeds and Leeds to Tod on a Saturday evening so I shouldn't have to wait too long. As long as the drunks behave, I'll be okay! :laugh:

I must check my return route. I knocked it up with the help of cycle.travel and I can't remember all the details of it. I'm fairly sure that I DID check the cyclepaths through York etc. (Some of it is the outward leg in reverse, but most of it is NOT.)

Top Bottom