Leeds - Scarborough 7 September 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Dr Claud prescribes Medicinal Beer for @wanda2010. Anyone else out and about in Leeds tonight, and if not have the locals got any good beer/food tips?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
We'll have a conflab on the ride. The spoons is a bit basic but it does provide for somewhere to lock one's bike outside in full view

Is that where you are now? Might join you for a cheeky one. Just finishing off at work.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
http://bundobust.com for both!
Would come out but i have a rehearsal tonight

Top tips! Thank you Julia.

Slioch

Guru
I can confirm that TPE do take bike reservations between Scarborough & York if you buy the ticket through their website, as I have the bit of cardboard to prove it.
Can't speak for destinations west of York though :sad:

Slioch

Guru
Warning and apologies in advance.
I am at the tail-end of having a very runny cold, so there will be the occasional snot-rocket. I'll ride at the back to maintain some semblance of decorum.:rain:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can confirm that TPE do take bike reservations between Scarborough & York if you buy the ticket through their website, as I have the bit of cardboard to prove it.
Can't speak for destinations west of York though :sad:
TPE take reservations AND REQUIRE THEM everywhere that they operate (though rumour has it that gambling cyclists may occasionally blag a space without a reservation).

Northern do NOT offer reservations but it is extremely rare to not be able to get a bike onto one of their trains, unless you choose a daft time to try. I would suggest that the coming World Cycling Championships in Yorkshire is one of those rare (outside of commuting) times!

I've been out and bought my return ticket this afternoon to save messing about first thing in the morning. I managed to get a return to Garforth*** for only £5, using my Senior railcard.

I'm sorry that you can't do the ride, @wanda2010 - I hope you enjoy the pub instead!

*** Cheaper than buying a single to Leeds and a separate single back from Garforth.

Top Bottom