Leeds - Scarborough 7 September 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
pubwise, I can recommend the boozer we decamped to last year after they quite rightly refused to allow @I like Skol into the Spoons.....

Scholars Bar - 6 Somerset Terrace, Scarborough YO11 2PA just down the road from the spoons. Smaller quieter and has better beer.

However... the main benefit of the spoons is we can chain the bikes up outside and still see them.... suspect the Scholars may be a better venue for them whats staying over (not me this year unfortunately).
I had a look at that pub on Google maps. Nowhere for bikes it seems. Stick with spoons I think. In other news, I've forgotten to bring a lock so I'll be looking for someone to generously allow me to lack onto their bike. I'm on the 2044 out of Scarborough so if I'm the only returnee left I'll have to sneak the bike into the pub past security

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I had a look at that pub on Google maps. Nowhere for bikes it seems. Stick with spoons I think. In other news, I've forgotten to bring a lock so I'll be looking for someone to generously allow me to lack onto their bike. I'm on the 2044 out of Scarborough so if I'm the only returnee left I'll have to sneak the bike into the pub past security
Do you think locks are needed on the ride itself Nick? I have one with me but I was going to put in the Mrs Doughnut transfer wagon if it's not needed before Scarborough...

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Do you think locks are needed on the ride itself Nick? I have one with me but I was going to put in the Mrs Doughnut transfer wagon if it's not needed before Scarborough...
No, not needed. Cawood stop (the caravan type place) is absolutely fine. In Malton we always put the bikes in the secure back garden of the cafe

theclaud

Openly Marxist
All is well, with @Kestevan now appointed Cat Herder in Chief. Stopping in Stamford Bridge for new batteries for @ColinJ .

I know, it's becoming a habit. One which is the result of running low spoke count wheels I hope, rather than all those pies

Maybe it was for the best I missed out on the fish and chips
A double whammy, no ride and missing out on those delicious fish and chips. My sympathies.

Top Bottom