Leg shaving....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I nearly always wear compression sleeves these days because my gammy left leg swells up if I don't and it looks odd not wearing the matching one on the right***...

(I'm taking a little rest after climbing a steep hill! :laugh:)

@Sea of vapours (in pink) suggested that I only wear the one that I need to, which would emphasise the fact that it was due to necessity rather than being a cycling fashion statement. The trouble with that is that I would have to explain to everybody I talked to WHY that was the case, and I can't be bothered to!

I don't spend much time looking at my legs but did this morning after reading this thread. It turns out that even more of the leg hair has disappeared than I thought. I have to look pretty hard to find it now...

:sad:

Slick

Guru
How often do you have to fall off your bike to consider shaving your legs as a mitigation exercise?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This joins the list of threads that turn into ridiculous slanging matches for no reason.

Clipless or not?
Drops or flats?
Brifters or downtube?
Metal or carbon?
Discs or caliper?
Are electronic gears worth it?

Why can't people just ride what they want, for whatever reason they want and just don't worry a toss if someone else does it differently?

Mr Whyte

I got my hybrid to go out and enjoy riding, why would I want to shave my legs. Not for me as it`s my face and chin get a shave and that`s it.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Why can't people just ride what they want, for whatever reason they want and just don't worry a toss if someone else does it differently?
Mostly IMO as those topics tend to end up with someone who does, thinks or owns the opposite almost forcing justification from the poster, then arguing against it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Contrary to misguided belief, hairy legs are actually faster. It’s now been tested!

Brandane

Legendary Member
How often do you have to fall off your bike to consider shaving your legs as a mitigation exercise?
I was thinking I must be doing something wrong, because I can't recall having a plaster put on my leg since I was about 8 years old. Using that particular logic, maybe it's time I started shaving the backs of my hands and fingers.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Far easier to clean a wound on a shaved leg, or remove a dressing.
This is always the argument for shaving legs. It's the same argument for wearing gloves. But in 8 years I've ridden about 30,000 miles and I've fallen off hard enough to cut my legs/hands only a couple of times. So I don't shave my legs and I don't wear gloves

What's with all these folk falling off all the time?

Top Bottom