Lesson learned NEVER ride without your helmet !

PMarkey

Über Member
I crashed my Longstaff trike last year and was thrown into a lamp post at around twenty mph , I fractured my shoulder blade in at least three placed , and the top of the socket (Glenoid) was broken of the scapula requiring screwing back in place I also scraped the side of my face . Thankfully I was wearing a Castelli cotton cap so suffered no head injury what so ever.

Now I wouldn't claim my cotton cap saved my life but who's to say it didn't ?

Paul

Dave Davenport

Legendary Member
I crashed my Longstaff trike last year and was thrown into a lamp post at around twenty mph , I fractured my shoulder blade in at least three placed , and the top of the socket (Glenoid) was broken of the scapula requiring screwing back in place I also scraped the side of my face . Thankfully I was wearing a Castelli cotton cap so suffered no head injury what so ever.

Paul
Yes but that's a top end cycling cap, would a cheap one work as well? Would a Rapha one offer even better protection?? Who knows???

Paul
Yeah but what about the Longstaff??

CaadX

I ride the Doethie valley and the A40 and A48 . On the Doethie I wear a helmet , on the others? Suspenders and makeup ! Probably tells you all you need to know on the subject.

Top Bottom