Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I passed my loose target today. Didn't think I would after last night's party :laugh:

download.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I love seeing these massive numbers.. I'm hoping for 3500 miles next year... And hoping nothing health wise gets in my way
2-3kpa is a mahoosive number compared to most of the population. For several years I have normally done between 3000-4000 miles, and that is a lot of riding so don't feel inferior to the weirdos that do loads more :wacko:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It'll be about 4,000 miles and about 340,000 ft of ascent. A bit less that last couple of years due to work and travel committments. Every year I threaten to do 100 miles per week but every year I don't make it...bad weather, business trips, workload etc etc...my list of excuses is endless

My Mother is coming to stay for Xmas so I'm expecting to get some long rides in then :okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
My target is 3650 miles, or 10 per day on average. Strava for this year was sitting about 2900 miles a few days ago, but I don't record all rides so decided to check the milometers on all 5 bikes to see how far I had to go to make my target. I got a pleasant surprise when I found I had done 3710 miles to the end of November.

Having done my metric century challenge ride for December today, that means I don't need (not that I ever really "need") to do any more miles this year. So guess what? I won't be cycling in December other than to work and back (2 miles per day) when I can be bothered. Rain, wind, ice, fog, snow; they can all go and do one! Cycling is for enjoyment, and I won't be changing that, ever :smile:.

tyred

Legendary Member
Probably around the 3,000 miles mark. Less than some years but an improvement on last year. I could improve on that if I cycled the 1.7 miles to work each day but I choose to walk as I have the time and enjoy the early morning walk through the town and I can't cycle the route I walk due to the one way system on the main street, I'd have to cycle through three major multilane rounadabouts on the ring road which doesn't appeal to me at all in rush hour traffic.

Top Bottom