Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Currently on 10260 miles. Of which 7974 miles on a new bike. Going to fall short of last year's mileage which I think was 11200. Tho got to fit in rapha festive 500 yet. Don't get to ride when your waiting for a ferry at Immingham which is running x9 hours late ggrrrrrr......

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm hoping for 3500 miles next year...
Make that target 3650, it makes the maths easier:okay:.
Averaging 10 miles per day, 300 or 310 miles per month. easy to do in the summer months, less so in winter:smile:.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I've already signed up for three imperial century sportives next year, first one is Velo Birmingham & Midlands on 12th May :okay: It'll likely also be my first imperial century, hoping to go the whole distance on my second attempt after punctures stopped me at mile 94 earlier this year :ohmy::laugh: Upping my game again for 2019 :okay::laugh:

Learn to fix punctures and you will get there.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Learn to fix punctures and you will get there.

I fixed 2, gave in on the 3rd. It was 5 degrees and had rained steadily since mile 30. By the time number 3 occurred I couldn't feel my fingers and didnt have the manual dexterity or strength left. I was also concerned about holding my friends up any longer in the grim conditions so sent them on their way and called the wife :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Strava recorded - 5204 miles in 55 rides, averaging 94.61 miles per ride. 48 imperials centuries done.
Impressive, but ... doesn't that mean that you will have done an imperial century every week except for one? If that were true for me I would be really irked to have missed that one!

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Impressive, but ... doesn't that mean that you will have done an imperial century every week except for one? If that were true for me I would be really irked to have missed that one!

I`v not done one every week due to bad weather, illness and stuff, but I have doubled up on others. I`m going for 52 for the 1 a week average and should get there before the end of the month as long as the weather isn`t too silly. My next one will be done on Sunday and the other 3 will be done over the 11 days I have off before the turn of the year.

I only set out to do 1 per month for my first crack at the CC ICaM challenge, but things got a little out of hand :whistle:

Top Bottom