Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I`v not done one every week due to bad weather, illness and stuff, but I have doubled up on others. I`m going for 52 for the 1 a week average and should get there before the end of the month as long as the weather isn`t too silly. My next one will be done on Sunday and the other 3 will be done over the 11 days I have off before the turn of the year.

I only set out to do 1 per month for my first crack at the CC ICaM challenge, but things got a little out of hand :whistle:
Kudos... :notworthy:

It's especially impressive because you hardly seem to do any other rides in between!

steverob

Guru
Currently 2,678 miles for me cycling outdoors - hoping to get to around 2,800 by the end of the year, maybe a tad more if the weather isn't too terrible over Christmas.

This is slightly down on the last three years where I've managed pretty much dead on 3,000 miles (never more than 50 either side), but since I got a subscription to Zwift at the tail-end of last year, I've been using that on those bad weather days when I used to force myself to go out (also midweek evenings when it's GMT rather than BST). Have racked up a further 1,178 miles indoors and that'll easily be over 1,250 by year end.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Have now completed all 3 monthly challenges 50km,100km and 100 miles a month all with separate rides just need a 50 mile ride for a 2nd year of doing all 4 distances a month . Still need 290 miles to get to 12000 miles for the year . Festive 500 Strava challenge should take care of that

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20181222-211951.png

Cracked the 4,000..

Still time for a few more :smile:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
This has been my first full year of cycling (and I’ve enjoyed every minute!).

I set myself a target at the beginning of the year to ride 1,000 km. To date I’ve done 1628.65 km (or 1,011.99 miles) so very pleased with myself. :becool:

My longest ride was 92 km (or 57 miles) off-road (Tissington and High Peak Trails in one day). I wanted to do a few extra kilometres to get the century, but was completely knackered by the end of that ride then had to drive home after.

I’ve cycled in rain, snow and sunshine, always with a grin. ^_^

There is a possibility of squeezing in a few more miles between now and New Year for sanity’s sake (kids are off school!).

I am planning to beat this year’s total in 2019 just because I can. :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Currently on 5957 miles so I will be riding 43 at some point this week to hit 6000.

Ascent is 298,129 so I'll make sure I pop a couple thousand feet in to the ride to pass 300,000

My target was 7500 and 250,000 so success and failure in equal measure!! :laugh: I don't really see it as either, just happy to be riding.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I didn't have a set target, just to cycle more than I drive, which I did for the 3rd year running^_^. But as I got near the end of the year I think my OCD took over and the opportunity to get to the next round 1000 became a goal. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but managed to do 279 miles last week which helped, so I should now comfortably break my 8000 mile 'target' for the year.

Current stats for 2018 are 489 rides, 7938 miles completed, climbed 345,671 feet of elevation, and have spent not far short of a total 1/12th of my time on my bike, having spent 22 days and 22 hours on my bike so far this year.

I don't even have a proper rain jacket, and am not a fan or riding in the wet or in extreme heat, both of which featured a lot this year!! So though my mileage is down on last year, I'm happy enough.

And my OCD klaxon has already alerted me to the fact that if I manage to do 7000 miles next year, I'll then have done 50,000 miles of GPX's on my Ridewithgps account..... challenge accepted^_^

Top Bottom