Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ice2911

Über Member
6600 miles so far, weather permitting hopefully get to 7200 as work eases off in a week or so and want to get out on some longer rides again. ( have 7300 in my mind or an average of 20 miles a day but probably a big ask, next year) Will be about 1000 miles more than last year. My 2nd full year of riding and have to admit to being addicted. I just love riding my bike!

JhnBssll

Veteran
I expect to hit about 2750 by year end, I went past my target of 2500 on Friday ^_^

tom73

Guru
Currently on 1046 not too bad given only been in the sadle since June. A few miles down as had a tumble mid summer so last a few weeks. Not been out since late October due to weather, life, and a holiday. So who know if I will get much more.

But happy to take it it’s more than last year. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
According to Garmin, 1190 miles. Longest ride 82 miles, albeit with a grub stop in the middle, down to Luton airport and back chasing some half arsed plan to "see the planes"...

About half that mileage in the car, in line with my policy of owning the least enviironmetally damaging car I can and driving it as little as possible.

In my defence the first few months of 2018 I was still recovering from last year's shoulder surgery, and that can still trouble me day by day. Im no longer commuting, so thats several thousand miles a year gone like that. Still and all, I've enjoyed every mile and had some great adventures.

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Screenshot_20181202-225957_Strava.jpg

+1 three peaks completion:okay:

760 miles YTD. The real fight starts now. :tongue:

Effortlessly the worst year since I started recording.
A horrid, entirely forgettable year in every sense, with inconsistent attempts at motivating myself to get out leading to repeated, pointed lessons of the form "Fitness is hard to gain and easy to lose" and "ow, my everything".

Spent two months bedridden with sciatica and didn't turn a pedal until the end of April but aside from minor recurring injuries I don't really have any valid excuses for not doing better since.

Not so much distance but I did climb 3232 feet when I rode up Snowdon earlier this year

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Currently on 9359 miles. Still hoping to crack the 10'000 miles though will be touch and go. I have reached that target for the last 10 years in a row but change of life circumstances this year meant fewer miles. But, it's no bad thing as they say. i should be back on it next year.

Some other stats
Rainy London commutes 49
Last year I had 31 in total. So I can safely say that 2018 has been a wet one.
22 Imperial centuries in the bag (31 centuries last year) and the 8th year in a row of the ICaM challenge completed. I'm looking at adding a couple more to the total by year end.

RegG

Über Member
There are some mighty impressive numbers here and my current total for the year appears very insignificant alongside some of your totals.

But here goes, not impressive but I am pleased with my progress - 2043 miles (or 3288 km sounds better but not British!!) which is slightly less than my total for 2017 but higher than 2016. I don't think its too bad for a (nearly) 65 year old! Hope to push it to around 2250 by the end of the year, weather permitting.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've already signed up for three imperial century sportives next year, first one is Velo Birmingham & Midlands on 12th May :okay: It'll likely also be my first imperial century, hoping to go the whole distance on my second attempt after punctures stopped me at mile 94 earlier this year :ohmy::laugh: Upping my game again for 2019 :okay::laugh:

Top Bottom