Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going to end 2018 on around 2500 to 2600 miles... Not bad as had a month out due to illness (again..... same happened in 2017) but 500 miles in September for cancer research upped me a bit.... and a longest ever ride of 56 miles in July helped me to my best year since 2013

so lets see some crazy figures folks....

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
According to Veloviewer, I am in Kota Bharu, Malaysia, roughly some 10500km away. Oh how I wish I was. I love Malaysian food.

(Going to miss my target of 12000km)

Heigue'r

Veteran
I wanted to get to 10,000 kms but a change of job location in August put a stop to that,I'm at around 4950 miles for the year and will probably try to get to the 5000,I'd say I've done around 300miles in the last 3 months whereas before that I was doing 300 miles a week.There is a 2mile stretch of road to get to the new job that is a 40mph road,It is unlit and just about wide enough for 2 cars,I've had traffic zoom past at 60 to 70 mph where I could probably reach out and touch them.Not for me.Pretty disappointed overall but hopefully change location again in April.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not as much as it would have been if some twonk driver hadn't wiped me out back in February and put me off the bike for around 4 months!

It's a shame because I had had a really good winter up until that point and was feeling fitter than I had done for the last couple of seasons. Still not right physically or fitness wise, but considering the injuries I had just being able to still ride a bike is a bonus so will be happy what ever the total turns out to be....

90574374-4C14-4C22-AB92-57FDE437E074.jpeg

There’s still a month left as well:laugh:
This year has been ( deliberately) less too.

Last edited:
Not very much, I am finally beginning to accept that I will never be any where near as fit as I once was due to physical/medical problems, instead of pushing myself and paying the price later I now accept that I will ride when I am able and not let it get to me when I cant ride , there ive said it ......I finally admit it to myself...…….even though I don't like it.

I love seeing these massive numbers.. I'm hoping for 3500 miles next year... And hoping nothing health wise gets in my way
Go for it :bicycle:

Top Bottom