Let's See Your Folding Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockn Robin

I know there is a gallery section, and forgive me if I'm wrong in posting this thread here, but I thought since it's "photo specific" to folding bikes it might be OK. If not, please delete the thread, as I have posted these photos on a thread within the gallery forum.

I just thought it would be nice to see everyone's folding bike. Anyway, here's mine:

DSC03751.JPG
Brompton at R M Park 01.jpg
Brompton 02.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Guess there's not too many Brompton's in Arizona.

Lonestar

Veteran
Maybe he had the electric version. I haven't seen one as they are not out here yet. But from what I am reading, the electric motor adds a huge boost.

Nope no sign of an electric motor.Some of these guys are quite tasty on a bike.

I would guess that quite a few people could beat me when riding a Boris Bike also.

Kell

Veteran
I posted the other day, but when I took part in the BWC in London I got lapped on lap five by the lead group.

I was doing 21/22mph at the time they went past.

Here's the video:

View: https://www.facebook.com/Kell.LC/videos/10155447673221021/

Last edited:

Kell

Veteran
Anyway, here a picture of what my bike used to look like.

I immediately removed the H type bars and fitted a low-rise bar.
This was before I'd shortened the cables.

I daren't post a 'now' picture - it's minging. Doesn't matter what I do, I can't get three years worth of London grime off it.

When I did the BWC, my wife and daughter came along and my missus asked me why I hadn't cleaned it for the race.

I told her that I had... :blush:

13096253_10153387180686021_8990633500591195706_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

I posted the other day, but when I took part in the BWC in London I got lapped on lap five by the lead group.

I was doing 22mph at the time they went past.

Here's the video:

View: https://www.facebook.com/Kell.LC/videos/10155447673221021/

Wow!! They were flying. At least you made a gallant effort to catch up after, but they were really booting it along. If you were going 22mph, i wonder how fast they were going? I've only had mine up to 20mph, and that was on a slight decline.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Anyway, here a picture of what my bike used to look like.

I immediately removed the H type bars and fitted a low-rise bar.
This was before I'd shortened the cables.

I daren't post a 'now' picture - it's minging. Doesn't matter what I do, I can't get three years worth of London grime off it.

When I did the BWC, my wife and daughter came along and my missus asked me why I hadn't cleaned it for the race.

I told her that I had... :blush:

View attachment 426323
I really love that color. Is that a lime green? If that was available when I bought mine, I would have gone with that color. Awesome!!!

Lonestar

Veteran
I've been out on it today and it was a star....I could handle the gears better as my fitness is much better...Fitted a smart rear light even though it has a dynamo system...The dynamo system failed in the dark but lucky I had backup.Stopped at the chicken shop on the way back (naughty me) and while they were doing my order I found a loose wire which plugs into the front light.Reconnecting this got the dynamo lights working again.

I mean't to take a pic but I forgot and also got back late and want a session on the turbo trainer so I haven't got time...Will do in future.

Top Bottom