Let's Talk About Brakes ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'd say after a mere 5 seconds of light braking the rotors are hot to the touch ??
Are they worn to the metal? Sounds like it. Try some Race Matrix or Kevlar pads.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
So no bleeding in two whole years ?

Until last summer - No, none at all. The hoses were far too long (they came off a FS bike) but I refused to shorten them until they needed bleeding. - Two years on, the hoses still looked like this

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Until last summer - No, none at all. The hoses were far too long (they came off a FS bike) but I refused to shorten them until they needed bleeding. - Two years on, the hoses still looked like this
Nothing wrong with that :thumbsup:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think so, as I say the bike is only a few months old and I never really use the brakes wildly !!

Its possible to wear out MTB pads in an afternoon in the right - or wrong - conditions.

Jody

Stubborn git
Disappointing considering they're only 3 months old !
It seems that after braking, a ticking sound can be heard from the rotors and they seem to heat up incredibly quickly.
Potentially looking for a change to Hope !!

How much do you weigh and how much do you lean on the brakes? If your discs haven't gone all shades of purple then they haven't been that hot.

Top Bottom