England : East Sussex Lewes to Bexhill ride Sunday 23rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
The good news is that the BBC are making a big thing about how uncertain it is at the moment. Will make a decision much nearer the time, possibly even 5am Sunday morning

2050324 said:
Headwind both ways?
Not quite... shifting around to a very stiff leftside crosswind on the return to Lewes. I'd almost rather have the headwind.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I suggest that you opt for a ride from Lewes to Bexhill uninterrupted by any footling suggestion of waiting around at any point for two wayward riders coming down from Tunbridge Wells. I know the roads and have a good guess at where you'll enter Hailsham, which is where you cross the A22 on this route
http://goo.gl/maps/nBQgO
there is a cycle path there that the Google Maps thingy doesn't recognise, BTW, so you can go straight across. Crossing the A22 north or south of this is not recommended.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Okey dokey. Look out for someone in a FNRttC shirt shouting "Adrian you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" or "You're a big man Greg but you're in bad shape and for me it's a livin'. Now behave yourself." Or possibly: "Jen stop throwing those bloody spears at me!" Not a lot of people know that.......

rb58

Enigma
A quick question - does Lewes station, or more accurately, the Lewes station car park, have facilities for those who are still foolishly thinking about riding down? I'm thinking concerned about breakfast facilities.

I'm still planning to be there for the start but, like Martin, will make a weather-based decision much nearer the time, probably last thing tomorrow night. And will arriving at 9.30am give me for breakfast, or is that the time we're leaving?

Cheers

U

User10571

A quick question - does Lewes station, or more accurately, the Lewes station car park, have facilities for those who are still foolishly thinking about riding down? I'm thinking concerned about breakfast facilities.

I'm still planning to be there for the start but, like Martin, will make a weather-based decision much nearer the time, probably last thing tomorrow night. And will arriving at 9.30am give me for breakfast, or is that the time we're leaving?

Cheers
http://the-runaway.co.uk/
I'd give them a call - I don't know how recently that website has been updated

martint235

Dog on a bike
Martin - can I suggest that instead of that nasty stretch of the A21 at 26 miles, we go via Lamberhurst Road, Tong Lane, Tong Road, Tibbs Courts Lane, Brenchley Road and back onto B2160? Also, I we could go on the normal Ashford return route via Plaxtol, rather than Stumble Hill.
Cheers
Ok new route home. I've made some other changes at the end but they should only affect me really.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
2051984 said:
Anyone who rode Kinross to Newtonmore stood around in cold and soaking wet cycling clothing handing out food and drink to riders, thinking "a day in the van" would be easier than riding in that weather on LonJog will shrug their shoulders.

FTFY

Am still on for this, BTW.

U

User10571

I'm afraid I'm a non-starter for this :sad:
Enjoy the day peeps.
J

Top Bottom