Lidl Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephen.rooke

ill have to have a look, want something to last the winter

FWIW I got my track pump from Decathlon about 3 years ago. IIRC it was about £15, it does me for 120psi n problem, and it's never missed a beat.

I will probably replace it with a Joe Blow when it does eventually give up the ghost, (if I can't fettle it with seals), but it's not showing any signs of weakness yet, a great buy IMO.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I bought a pair of their cycling gloves thinking that for the price they might last a winter, I've lost count of how many winters they've lasted, the ****** things just will NOT wear out.:biggrin:

I had the opposite experience, albeit with mitts, not full finger gloves. Lasted about 2-4 hours (no exaggeration)! I had a look in the store at the others and they too were very poorly made.

potsy

Rambler
Quite like the look of the jacket, not sure about the collar though.
Never been to Lidl, but there is one 3 or 4 miles away, might nip in after work.

Nebulous

Guru
I think it is fair to say that the quality is mixed. These lights look interesting with leds, the previous versions were halogen. I used one on solid, backed up with a Cateye on flash, to commute and it worked well all winter until it bounced off and broke. Probably my fault for not putting it back properly after charging it. The track pumps have been almost entirely criticised by anyone who has tried one. The previous winter bib longs are warm, with a lot of windproofing in the front, but the pad is sewn in the wrong place. One of my best buys ever are two compression sleeveless tops. I rarely go out without one under my jersey, but they don't seem to be on sale this time, though there are regional variations.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I bought a short sleeved jersey and track pump, and I'm very pleased with both. My tyres are nice and firm, and the pump's good too.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Eyeing up a few bits and bobs- not good timing that it's on at the end of the month though- I'd buy far more when feeling flush at start of the month!

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had two jackets for years, keep them for winter, they are looking tatty now but are still going strong.

davefb

Guru
I had the opposite experience, albeit with mitts, not full finger gloves. Lasted about 2-4 hours (no exaggeration)! I had a look in the store at the others and they too were very poorly made.
and you took em back?

mind you , i can't talk, my aldi shoes broke (well the cleats ?) after about 3hrs riding(and about 3months of ownership), but they were the last ones in the shop so I couldnt be mithered ( and think i probably can fix em)
the lidl ones which look more like a trainer are far better :smile: ( still about 10 quid though)..

my gloves haven't knackered either btw ;)

Paul J

Time to tell the daughter that they will have spoke reflectors in very soon. She wants them for her new Carrera she uses for commuting.

Top Bottom