Lidl Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Cool! Good spot!

I'll be there for some arm/leg warmers & hat/overshoes.

compo

Veteran
I'm utterly bewildered by their website, when are these items on sale? Track pump for £4.99 sounds good enough for keeping under my desk for work-time puncture repairs!

The little bit under the title that says "from 27.08.2012" might be a clue!
You are lucky in Ipswich having two Lidl's to choose from.

I bought a pump last time they had them and I have to say I am not too impressed. Blummin' hard work to get 700 x 32 tyres over 60lbs. I also have one branded "Reebok", bought from The Range for a fiver and it is superb although it doesn't have a gauge.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Cheap track pumps are usually a bit of a waste of time.
Will get some arm/leg warmers and the bib longs for the mrs. who has yet to be convinced by the benefits of either style of garment.

lordloveaduck

Thank you for the heads-up. Need more arm and leg warmers and the jacket and jersey (as long as it's black) look like another good buy.

compo

Veteran
Cheap track pumps are usually a bit of a waste of time.

If a cheap pump does what you want what is the advantage of an expensive one. My cheap pump is fine for my hybrid and my MTB so why spend £30 rather than a fiver. If I had a road bike and was looking for 120+psi then admittedly I may have had reason to revise my opinion.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If a cheap pump does what you want what is the advantage of an expensive one. My cheap pump is fine for my hybrid and my MTB so why spend £30 rather than a fiver. If I had a road bike and was looking for 120+psi then admittedly I may have had reason to revise my opinion.

More expensive pumps are maintainable (you can buy replacement seal kits) and in my experience are more robust.

I use a Topeak Joe Blow Sport 2, one of the best £30-40 I ever spent on bike related kit.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think the wiggle lifeline track pump i bought for (iirc) £17 is great value, im not convinced its worth trying to go cheaper. I find on the whole despite good value, the Lidl pricepoint is too low, if they doubled the prices and doubled the quality/performance of the gear it would be much more attractive. That said, the spoke reflectors are awesome and much cheaper at Lidl than elsewhere.

I may go for one of the black cycling jerseys, I like the design and they match my bike's black and red :smile:

PpPete

Legendary Member

I've had a couple of cheap pumps in the past, and apart from being extremely hard work to get to even 100 psi they have a tendency to fall apart after a few months. Don't get me wrong... I always buy the cheapest serviceable tool - can't be doing with Park's inflated prices, but experience tells me Lidl and other cheapie track pumps don't meet even my low standards.

Top Bottom