Lidl Gear

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by BrianEvesham, 20 Aug 2012.

1. BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham Mask is gone!

david k and lordloveaduck like this.
  2. cloggsy

cloggsy Boardmanist

Cool! Good spot!

I'll be there for some arm/leg warmers & hat/overshoes.

3. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

I'm utterly bewildered by their website, when are these items on sale? Track pump for £4.99 sounds good enough for keeping under my desk for work-time puncture repairs!

4. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

cycling "suit" lol. i think youll find they are bib tights. that black jersey looks quite tidy too!!!! may have a gander next week, depends on funds though :sad:

5. davefb

davefb Über Member

27th..........
    I've had bits and bats of theirs, generally quality has been "better than you'd think"..

Omario7 and Drago like this.
  6. compo

compo Veteran

The little bit under the title that says "from 27.08.2012" might be a clue!
    You are lucky in Ipswich having two Lidl's to choose from.

I bought a pump last time they had them and I have to say I am not too impressed. Blummin' hard work to get 700 x 32 tyres over 60lbs. I also have one branded "Reebok", bought from The Range for a fiver and it is superb although it doesn't have a gauge.

Drago likes this.
  7. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

I hadn't considered the Range, cheers for that.

8. PpPete

PpPete Guru

Cheap track pumps are usually a bit of a waste of time.
    Will get some arm/leg warmers and the bib longs for the mrs. who has yet to be convinced by the benefits of either style of garment.

9. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

Thank you for the heads-up. Need more arm and leg warmers and the jacket and jersey (as long as it's black) look like another good buy.

10. compo

compo Veteran

If a cheap pump does what you want what is the advantage of an expensive one. My cheap pump is fine for my hybrid and my MTB so why spend £30 rather than a fiver. If I had a road bike and was looking for 120+psi then admittedly I may have had reason to revise my opinion.

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

More expensive pumps are maintainable (you can buy replacement seal kits) and in my experience are more robust.

I use a Topeak Joe Blow Sport 2, one of the best £30-40 I ever spent on bike related kit.

12. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

I think the wiggle lifeline track pump i bought for (iirc) £17 is great value, im not convinced its worth trying to go cheaper. I find on the whole despite good value, the Lidl pricepoint is too low, if they doubled the prices and doubled the quality/performance of the gear it would be much more attractive. That said, the spoke reflectors are awesome and much cheaper at Lidl than elsewhere.

I may go for one of the black cycling jerseys, I like the design and they match my bike's black and red :smile:

13. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Regular

Cheers for the link, spent a packet and they're not even in the stores yet ^_^

14. PpPete

PpPete Guru

I've had a couple of cheap pumps in the past, and apart from being extremely hard work to get to even 100 psi they have a tendency to fall apart after a few months. Don't get me wrong... I always buy the cheapest serviceable tool - can't be doing with Park's inflated prices, but experience tells me Lidl and other cheapie track pumps don't meet even my low standards.

Thomk likes this.
  15. stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke Senior Member

im looking for some waterproof stuff, is lidls jackets / trousers etc any good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice