Lidl Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avalon

Guru
I'm still using clothing I bought from Aldi (including gloves) that I bought some time before I moved to Australia six years ago.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
and you took em back?

mind you , i can't talk, my aldi shoes broke (well the cleats ?) after about 3hrs riding(and about 3months of ownership), but they were the last ones in the shop so I couldnt be mithered ( and think i probably can fix em)
the lidl ones which look more like a trainer are far better :smile: ( still about 10 quid though)..

my gloves haven't knackered either btw ;)

Considering they cost next to nothing, it wasn't worth the hassle of taking them back.

davefb

Guru
Does anyone have any idea what their Pannier Bag set is like?

I probably should. but sadly I can't remember if i've got the aldi 'big one' and lidl 'side one only that doubles as a bag' or vica versa.
normally you can have a really good look though whilst in the shop , seems to be what most people do :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have the Lidl trousers and they are fab. Still going strong but that pump broke the first time we used it and it was so far to our nearest Lidl (Inverness, we lived further North than that then) that it wasn't worth the trip for a fiver. We still use our Lidl jerseys and those sunglasses were not too shoddy. I have a pair on today.

We will definitely go and have a good look at the jackets and the OH want's to look at the bib trousers. Our last jackets have lasted well, we use them all the time now for cycling, walking the dogs, popping to the supermarket etc as they are lightweight and waterproof.

Raymonda

I bought a pair of the gloves last year and although they are fine for autumn I found that because they are not windproof they are useless for winter as your hands just freeze when the temperatures get below 5C.

The arm and leg warmer set looks nice, as well as the Hi-viz vest as I do need one.

squiggle

I purchased a pair of their cycling shorts but personally I found them too uncomfortable to cycle long/ish distances in. Itchy etc..

D

Deleted member 20519

Going to get one of the jerseys on Saturday, anyone know what they're made of? I'm guessing polyester.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I bought the pump last time they did them and i have no issues with it so far.....fiver well spent ! Proberly buy the light sets for the kids bikes so we can do the "Ride the lights" in Blackpool.Is the jacket a "Boil in the bag" jobbie ?

darth vadar

Über Member
Going to get one of the jerseys on Saturday, anyone know what they're made of? I'm guessing polyester.

Save yourself a trip.

Lookiing at their advert, it says they aren't on sale until Monday 27th.

PS. Get there early as the bike stuff usually goes really quickly - and with it being a Bank Holiday there may be even more people about sniffing for a bargain.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Bib longs and arm and leg warmers look good value - if they fit you! Note that Lidl do not offer SMALL mens' sizes. So being a small man I won't be bothering this time. The only Lidl pump that works well is one they sold some years ago with a narrow metal barrel. Save your money and buy a Joe Blow - its on a different planet.

Top Bottom