Lights, how much is a life worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
It wasn't right in my face. Perhaps your face was in the wrong place?
I'm pretty sure my face is always in the same place.

We complain that motorists break the law, then we claim that the law is outdated and poorly enforced so shouldn't apply to us.

(Whoever "we" are...)

Or is there true equivalency?

Look at the wide range of LEDs, patterns, curves and shapes that form the rear lights of many newer cars

Are these complying strictly with lighting regulations, or are they simply accepted?

rear%20light%20gallery.jpg

sheffgirl

Looking at that I don't think it was Sara_H but I will keep an eye out for her.
I might get some of those lights, once I get my bike back on the road. I was told (by the police) that the driver that hit me (head/side on) may not have seen me because I don't have lights on my sides? Although if they had looked before turning it would have been very hard to miss my front light :sad:

KneesUp

Guru
Looking at that I don't think it was Sara_H but I will keep an eye out for her.
I might get some of those lights, once I get my bike back on the road. I was told (by the police) that the driver that hit me (head/side on) may not have seen me because I don't have lights on my sides? Although if they had looked before turning it would have been very hard to miss my front light :sad:

Do cars have lights on the side? Does the driver drive into other cars? What an ridiculous thing to say. I presume the car had headlights - a function of which is to illuminate that which in front of the car/

wait4me

Veteran
I guess in the video one is concentrating on the ball so misses the Gorilla. I'd suggest that when driving at night cars are looking for the lights(ball) and missing the unlit cyclist(gorilla).
Then again if as you said you were illuminated like a Xmas tree and still had an altercation then what do we learn, perhaps if you weren't illuminated he'd have killed you; then again perhaps the lights made him think you were a fast moving car and he misjudged your speed so you'd be better off being unlit.
Or perhaps a previous almost killed you but saw you because of your lights.
Or perhaps ... ad infinitum

Or perhaps he had read enough of Grumpy Gregory on here and wanted no more

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm sure there's a parallel between the comment Denis Healey made about Geoffrey Howe. "It's like being ravaged by a dead sheep".
Of course GG==DH minus the eyebrows
GG==DH minus the eyebrows, the grammar school education, the double first degree from Oxford, the membership of the communist party, the army commission, the MBE, the scandalous treatment of the Chagossians, the life peerage and the nice house in Alfriston. ;)

Top Bottom