Lightweight waterproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zexel

Veteran
Thanks Zexel - the green looks lairy!

http://www.cycle-clo...visibility.aspx

How is their sizing - I seem to take a large in Altura and XL in Endura? I'd rather not have to spring for return postage if possible

That's the one I got. ^
Hmmm, sizing. I find this a tricky one. When it comes to clothing I have to order at least a couple to make sure I get a good fit. I'm 6'2" 13 1/2 st and I've got the XL, it's not a snug fit but that's because I like a decent length in the arms and back. See what I mean about sizing :rolleyes:

Hope that helps a little bit anyway.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers Zexel.

Might give the XL a go - does it feel like a £40 jacket or the £90 jacket it alleges to be? :smile:

zexel

Veteran
Cheers Zexel.

Might give the XL a go - does it feel like a £40 jacket or the £90 jacket it alleges to be? :smile:

LOL, I must admit I hadn't even looked at the RRP :biggrin: although that's the first thing Mrs Zexel looks at :laugh:

It feels like a £40 jacket. That's not saying it feels cheap, quite the opposite in fact. IMO its good quality. I haven't got a £90 jacket to compare it to. Oh, I will say that it doesn't pack down to an apple size though because it's not one of these ultra thin showerproof things.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
As long as it packs into a little pouch that I can stash in my rucksack then that's fine. Is it kind of kagoul weight? I have been looking at the really light jobbies. This is far too hard. Need to wait until this month's CC bill comes through (hideous, has a carbon road bike on it this month :laugh: ) and then I'll order. I am intrigued by the castelli one, so may order a couple and send back. If these things are that light, the return postage won't be much :tongue:

zexel

Veteran
Oh yes it packs into its own back pocket, with a little strap too. :biggrin:

Clothing IS so difficult (frustrating) online, what with the sizes being meaningless and not being able to feel the quality.

Yeah, you're are right it is only a couple of quid to send back and to me it's worth it to have a proper fit. I've just checked the jacket out (ain't worn it since last year) The XL is very large, more like how UK sizes were/are. It has that fine 'mesh' inner to it to stop that 'yucky' feeling too, so it's not just a shell. I'd forgotten how good quality it is. I have used an ALDI showerproof one this year that virtually packs down to the size of a hazlenut, which is a piece of crap in comparison.

Hope it's been of some help anyway.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers Zexel, I would have bought the Endura by now but no shops seem to have it in anything bigger than a medium (damn the wet weather and everyone wanting waterproofs :whistle: )

I find the smaller men's sizes are ok around my chest and tummy but not my ample girly hips and you need to be able to do up a waterproof ideally :laugh:

That's the one I got. ^
Hmmm, sizing. I find this a tricky one. When it comes to clothing I have to order at least a couple to make sure I get a good fit. I'm 6'2" 13 1/2 st and I've got the XL, it's not a snug fit but that's because I like a decent length in the arms and back. See what I mean about sizing :rolleyes:

Hope that helps a little bit anyway.

Zexel - you don't need one when you're riding faster on a Trek Madone 4.7. :-)

(Or just on a short ride like I have been on more of lately.)

Hi mate

You took it out in the rain!! :eek: ........^_^

No....made that bit up.

Though been thinking I may have to get my winter bike out! Why do we still call it summer?

You any nearer to getting one? Or got to take a bit of time / work on plan for one?

No....made that bit up.

Though been thinking I may have to get my winter bike out! Why do we still call it summer?

You any nearer to getting one? Or got to take a bit of time / work on plan for one?

Zexel - At risk of taking this thread very OT I had to let you know I've just seen the exact model I got for £2300 - Madone 4.7 for £1800.. here

millereski

Rh+ do a really good waterproof that rolls up into a pocket size pouch. I think its called Aquaria Pocket jacket. I have had one for a while and its good for a shorter ride or if theres a shower... Not so much for a full on ride in constant rain though.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I ordered a couple of the Castelli ones last night from Wiggle - wasn't sure of their sizing hence ordering 2...will let y'all know how I get on with them

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Aaaargh...the quest continues! I didn't like the Castelli ones so they went back to Wiggle, an Endura pakajac didn't fit so went back to CRC, I got the Speg one from cycle-clothing today but it's way too heavy, it's no lighter than the Night Vision, so that'll be back in the post tomorrow...costing me loads in return post!!

Next to try are a Montane H20, a PocketRocket (but expensive and Wiggle never have stock) or a Flite...any others to try lol?

I would go to some shops but they also never seem to have anything, even the big ones in Central London

Top Bottom