Listening to music whilst riding?

Would you ever (even consider) listening to music whilst cycling?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaleB

Hi all,

I have recently seen a couple of cyclists with iPods (or some kind of music player) on whilst cycling!

Now, just out of curiosity i was wondering how many of you out there listen to music whilst riding on the roads, as in my opinion this is highly dangerous as it can distract you from your surroundings and the warning sounds of engines etc, that may give you extra precious seconds in an incident... :cheers:

What's everyone else's opinion on this, are they mad or not :eek:

Only one ear in. It's fine.

potsy

Rambler
Don't know what I'd do without my Best of the Cheeky Girls on the MP3 whilst riding to work in the mornings;)
You've opened a can of worms now Daleb,almost as fiery as the helmet/no helmet debate this one:biggrin:

OP
OP
DaleB

DaleB

potsy said:
Don't know what I'd do without my Best of the Cheeky Girls on the MP3 whilst riding to work in the mornings;)
You've opened a can of worms now Daleb,almost as fiery as the helmet/no helmet debate this one:biggrin:

Hahaha, ooops :shy:

Yes, i've been wondering for a while now... Just wanted everyone elses opinion (i may need one for the Manc - Blackpool so i don't have to listen to Jmetz all the way :o)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's summer, many motorists are happy to share their music with everyone in any case, negating the need to carry your own.

How considerate!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Not enough options in the poll: I wouldn't wear earphones but do listen to music on a speaker some of the time.

Benthedoon

On a short little jaunt I dont bother with my ipod but I do like it if Im trying for a longer ride especially if I want to push hard, good tempo, good tunes for me means good motivation.
Ive spent a few years on motorbikes and you cant hear a f*****g thing with a decent stainless pipe so you learn to stay aware of other road users.

Top Bottom