Litter in Countryside. Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Came across this on my ride today. At the side of a single track, hardly used road, 6 miles from the nearest town, and at the top of a 4 mile climb. Obviously been dumped from a car, but why? Why are some people so selfish, lazy, or both, that they can't keep the rubbish until they find a bin? No wonder my opinion of the human race gets lower by the day. Some real nobbers* amongst us.
* My very restrained version, to avoid a ban.

20211110_145200.jpg

carpiste

Guru
Why?
The answer is very plain. There are many morons out there. Simple!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
but it's no good just looking at it you have to report it to the council
That's all very well when it comes to having it removed. But it doesn't stop the problem of the lazy nobbers dropping it in the first place. There's no real answer to that problem as you can't expect to have Police or cameras everywhere. You shouldn't HAVE to. You have to rely on people having the right thought process, and that is never going to happen.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
That reminds me. I must report this example of fly tipping.
At least they left a clue at the scene of the crime....

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
That's all very well when it comes to having it removed. But it doesn't stop the problem of the lazy nobbers dropping it in the first place. There's no real answer to that problem as you can't expect to have Police or cameras everywhere. You shouldn't HAVE to. You have to rely on people having the right thought process, and that is never going to happen.

I agree, you shouldn't have to, but....

I regularly report fly-tipping if I notice it on my cycle rides and/or walks around the area I live.

The Council are good at clearing it up, but, of course they shouldn't have to...

A bonus last week, got an Email from Council, telling me they had actually caught, and prosecuted a fly-tipper for dumping rubbish in a particular small road, which is a favourite spot for the morons who do this.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
What is even more upsetting, to me at least, is you go hillwalking in some remote spot in the Highlands, perhaps a bothy 10 miles from the road and a bunch of see-you-next-tuesdays have left bags of rubbish. Only proper mountaineers could even get there ffs!

I've said this before, and I'm not actually joking, but I'd make anyone caught littering be forced eat the rubbish they'd dropped. OK enforcement might be an issue but it wouldn't take many people having to eat emtpy coke tins, never mind an old sofa would certainly discourage others

Top Bottom