Litter in Countryside. Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
Some instances living next to Scotlands tourist route 'NC500....

I decide to go fishing of the rocks and to my disgust discover numerous empty beer cans and smashed bottles. Baited hooks with yards of line have been strewn around which will kill any bird that swallows one

I have to avoid a favourite walk because the risk of stepping in human excrement is too likely

Road verges outside of most villages are covered in debris/bottles etc

Just a few examples but its the same attitude. Ive pondered a long time why people are doing this and am at a loss. Shouldnt schools be giving life lessons on consideration/empathy etc it doesnt seem to feature in any curriculum at the moment. Is society spiritually bankrupt and the 'gratification' generation is all there is? These are my musings on the problem if anyone has an answer or understands the psychology of it i would like to hear.
I never understood why the chaps fishing off the beach at Bognor would leave loads of rubbish behind. I had this weird idea that they were into the great outdoors and nature. Perhaps they just loved chips and needed something to go with it. My kids and I used to clear up for them.

Top Bottom