Little Ms Sunshine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

magnatom said:
Make it really interesting (scary!) and try it in a Glaswegian accent! ;)

Think thats bad? Try speaking in Geordie when you're in Cambridge. Sometimes, people run. Even when you're just buying apples on the market.

Arch said:
<pedant mode>

pistol dual what? Dual barrelled perhaps? Or do you mean duel?

I'm only pointing this out because I'm sure the young lady in the video would appreciate such niceties of the English language....

</pedant mode>
Arch – far from being pedantic, you are quite right to hold the Queen’s English in such high regard – I apologise for my somewhat callous and vulgar usage…:smile:

spindrift said:
Ask her for two's up with her mum.

spendrift – regarding your “Ask her for two's up with her mum..” – can I point out that the other day I was indeed very close to having a ménage-à-trois – just needed another two people and I would have been there!

Although – having just previewed the clip once again – I don’t think I’d even like to touch either of them with someone else’s barge pole..

Bollo said:
If you still wish to meet me on the common, might I suggest late evening, as we may not wish to alarm any passers-by as we grope for our weapons.

:smile:
Lol … unless magger’s helmet cam has a zoom function, I doubt we’ll need him…

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Arch said:
:biggrin:

Should I be saying it in attempted street style accent, or best RP Queens English style?:smile:

Queens English style ofcourse.;)
lthough if you went and did street, makesure you have one of those hats and do all the hand signals.
:blush:

Maz

Guru
I thought they were going to beat you up, Bollo. Was that the County Court they'd just walked out of?

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Maz said:
I thought they were going to beat you up, Bollo. Was that the County Court they'd just walked out of?

Y'know, I've not noticed before, but the centre of Basingstoke does look like one large Magistrates' Court (while the outskirts look like the Brookside set - mile after mile of Brookside - chilling)

spindrift

It's depressing, confrontational chavscum behaviour.

I was in Safeway on Roman Road and a mum on one side turned to her kid the other side who was fondling the melons. She fixed him with a baleful glare and narrowed her eyes.

"Don't ****ing start!"

she said.

The kid was about 5 years old.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
spindrift said:
Basingstoke- not actually twinned with anywhere but does have a suicide pact with Grimsby.

Much as I enjoy dissing the 'stoke (as a resident of Winchester, I am obliged by ancient laws to dress as 'Lord Snooty' while in the boundaries of Basingstoke and Deane) its generally not a bad place to commute and the surrounding countryside is cycle heaven if you like hills.

I suspect the young lady and her entourage were visitors for the day, perhaps lured into Hampshire by the promise of lax security in Primark.

Top Bottom