Liverpool Chester Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
There's always next year fella.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Want to do it but for some reason they have pitched on the same day as the Manchester - Blackpool ride, and as the Man-Black is a tradition it lookls like i will miss it for another year

David_widnes

Veteran
Im doing the 90 mile ride on Sunday with 3 of my friends looking forward to it ,i think the 90 mile should be ok ive done Liverpool to Chester and then back to Widnes a few times and the hills around Delamere can be a bit tough but i don't think getting back to the tunnel before 2.30 will be a problem. Good luck might see you on the road keep an eye out for my Capt America cycling jersey!

Mello

Im in for the 90 miler, but going to Birmingam after the ride for my daughtersv graduation, so may just do the 50 miler. I have done the ride a number of times. The ride into the tunnel is brilliant but the ride out is tough. Watch out for the rumble strips dividing the lanes, my bottle flew out when I went over them last time.

The extra 40 miles through Delemere was quiet tough, a few longish hills. Anyway good luck to everybody who is doing it.

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
Im in for the 90 miler, but going to Birmingam after the ride for my daughtersv graduation, so may just do the 50 miler. I have done the ride a number of times. The ride into the tunnel is brilliant but the ride out is tough. Watch out for the rumble strips dividing the lanes, my bottle flew out when I went over them last time.

The extra 40 miles through Delemere was quiet tough, a few longish hills. Anyway good luck to everybody who is doing it.
Would those rumble strips be the ones the marshalls tell you not to cross :laugh:
I found the grids unnerving at pace in the gloom :ohmy:
Weather looks a tad better than i originally thought so that's a boon

Mello

Yes you are not meant to cross them, but some idiot pulled out right in front of me and I had no choice but to pull out onto the rubble strips.
Lucky not to have crash or a puncture. It's a bit crazy flying into the tunnel and early on I think people think that the roads have been closed for us, because numerous people where jumping red lights etc.

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
It can be a bit like the wacky races at the start I agree. 6 abreast and then some! Saw lots of bad cycling last year such as weaving about without any indication and plenty of rlj. Out of so many riders it's only a minority though.
Enjoy your ride mate.

headcoat

Über Member
I did the 50 mile one last year however have decided not to do it this year after hearing about the recent Manchester one, where you had a time tag and roads were closed, I think it cost less than the Liverpool one as well. It really was worth the £20+ to enter the event.

But have fun and good luck those doing it :smile:

Doing the 50miler with some roadie mates, but I'll be on my Fat (beach and snow) Bike just like I did last year.
Riding to and from the start/finish.
Say hello as you pass me (if you catch me:thumbsup:)

We were lucky with the weather today weren't we?
How was it for you?
I really enjoyed it on the Fat Bike and only one roadie over took me just after I left the Countess where I'd stuffed myself full of cake, so I had to let him go.:shy:
Got KOM (as it stands now) from the Tunnel to the Countess though http://app.strava.com/segments/1708068

Top Bottom