Liverpool Chester Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
Doing the 50miler with some roadie mates, but I'll be on my Fat (beach and snow) Bike just like I did last year.
Riding to and from the start/finish.
Say hello as you pass me (if you catch me:thumbsup:)

Was that you? spotted you at the finish line, there was a few jaw dropping moments from the crowd when you come thru! :smile:

really enjoyed that today, knees are in bits but really enjoyed it. well done Billy and Psyklon!

Psyklon

My mate finished over a minute behind me but his Garmin said he did it in 4 hrs 58 mins! My Cyclemeter had me down as 5 hrs 10 mins! Cheers frayBentos59, and well done Billy. Great time!

Was that you? spotted you at the finish line, there was a few jaw dropping moments from the crowd when you come thru! :smile:

Sure was. I rode to and from the start (63.3 miles in total), met up with mates, waited, faffed, lined up and re grouped at the Countess and the Rugby club on the way north and finally faffing around at the end, I did it all in moving time of 03:53:09 but my total time was 05:35:17.

The the stat I'm most proud of is the KOM from the Tunnel exit down to the Countess - 22.9 miles in 1:09:42 with an average speed of 19.7mi/h http://app.strava.com/rides/12809494#224543625

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
Sure was. I rode to and from the start (63.3 miles in total), met up with mates, waited, faffed, lined up and re grouped at the Countess and the Rugby club on the way north and finally faffing around at the end, I did it all in moving time of 03:53:09 but my total time was 05:35:17.

The the stat I'm most proud of is the KOM from the Tunnel exit down to the Countess - 22.9 miles in 1:09:42 with an average speed of 19.7mi/h http://app.strava.com/rides/12809494#224543625

Bloody hell! That's impressive stuff!!! amazing :thumbsup:

Blimey, I wish! :laugh:

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker

That's a great av speed mate well done. Me and my mate got to Chester with an av of 18 but finished the 90 with 16.6 as he really struggled at the end with cramp and a sore knee.

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker

really enjoyed that today, knees are in bits but really enjoyed it. well done Billy and Psyklon!
Well done for doing it mate as you had big doubts prior with your knees. Anyone see the charity group with a man in a bear suit clapping as you passed lol.

Psyklon

Well done Billy, I bet you were well pleased with that time mate considering you just wanted to get back before the tunnel re-opened! I was looking at at time of between 5:30 & 5:45 so was made-up with my 5:10. My mate was at the back of our group of four and got a puncture 10 miles from the finish on the roundabout at the bottom of Red Hill Lane just before the Lever Causeway. There was only me who heard him shouting so I went back to assist while the other two carried on oblivious! He put his spare tube in but as he removed his pump, he ripped the valve out so I had to give him one of my spares and start the repair all over again. It was a good job I stopped but no doubt anyone would have donated a spare tube to help a fellow stranded cyclist!
Here's my effort!
http://j.mp/PyLoFe

Psyklon

I've lost over a stone over the last couple of months just through the cycling. I now weigh in a 13 stone exactly. Most of my rides are round the outskirts of Warrington, ie Burtonwood, Winwick, Croft, Cultcheth, Lymm, High Legh, Arley Hall, Gt. Budworth, Walton, Sankey etc or maybe back home through Runcorn. I read on one of your posts recently that you rode through Bold Heath and then out through Burtonwood. Maybe we could meet up sometime for a spin, meeting at say The Griffin on the Bold road? This was a ride I did last Tuesday but we obviously don't have to go that far...do we!!!
http://j.mp/KXuu0f

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
I've lost over a stone over the last couple of months just through the cycling. I now weigh in a 13 stone exactly. Most of my rides are round the outskirts of Warrington, ie Burtonwood, Winwick, Croft, Cultcheth, Lymm, High Legh, Arley Hall, Gt. Budworth, Walton, Sankey etc or maybe back home through Runcorn. I read on one of your posts recently that you rode through Bold Heath and then out through Burtonwood. Maybe we could meet up sometime for a spin, meeting at say The Griffin on the Bold road? This was a ride I did last Tuesday but we obviously don't have to go that far...do we!!!
http://j.mp/KXuu0f
Yeah that sounds ok to me mate. I do weird and wonderful shifts so generally 2 or 3 days is the best notice I can give. Sometimes longer though. Anything up to 80 miles or so is alright mate. I've got a 60 mile ride a week on Saturday for st roccos and then the following week another 90 mile sportive. Think this Saturday I may be out for a 100 with my mate but still have to check on shifts. So plenty planned but definitely interested in a run out with you sometime.

Psyklon

Yeah that sounds ok to me mate. I do weird and wonderful shifts so generally 2 or 3 days is the best notice I can give. Sometimes longer though. Anything up to 80 miles or so is alright mate. I've got a 60 mile ride a week on Saturday for st roccos and then the following week another 90 mile sportive. Think this Saturday I may be out for a 100 with my mate but still have to check on shifts. So plenty planned but definitely interested in a run out with you sometime.
We'll have to sort something out Billy. I work 6-2/2-10, so some weeks I go out early and sometimes around teatime. I wouldn't mind doing the St. Rocco one. Can you enter on the day?

Top Bottom