Living alone Christmas tree or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Do people really fill their homes with stuff they feel they're expected to own? That's bonkers surely? Oh well, I just buy stuff I like.
I don't know that's why I ask.
Never understood the fascination with dressing your house up for a few weeks over Christmas, there's a road near work where they all seem to be trying to out do each other judging by the display of lights outside their houses :wacko:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Do people really fill their homes with stuff they feel they're expected to own? That's bonkers surely? Oh well, I just buy stuff I like.
Its not quite the same thing. Christmas is one of those things that you're expected to participate in regardless of personal feelings on the subject. Kind of like feeling obliged to turn up to 2nd cousin once removed's wedding reception despite not having see them in 20 years and not getting on with the rest of the family.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't know that's why I ask.
Never understood the fascination with dressing your house up for a few weeks over Christmas, there's a road near work where they all seem to be trying to out do each other judging by the display of lights outside their houses :wacko:
Well, I guess it's nice if you have kids, or if you are a couple that entertains/gets visitors during the festive season.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Just click on "post reply" once. Nothing happens, but it has posted. If you click twice thinking it didn't work first time then it will duplicate.
PS. In Englise si dice "hijacking", anziche "high jacking" :thumbsup:.
Knew that, was wondering if some computer systems are immune to the duplicates :tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Eh? I didn't start the thread. I don't know what the OP wanted, and I'm pretty sure that a character like numbnuts will do what he likes. Other people said the same as me - why just have a dig at me? Pathetic.
Ah, so In a similar vein ...

WTF! - I didn't have a go at you, I made a simple point, with no ill intent whatsoever. Call an innocent person 'pathetic' - bloody silly!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I can't make my mind up this year no one else will see it :sad: so yes or no

What size tree have you got? I think that a tree with some decorations on it could look very festive.
It does not need to be overloaded with co-ordinated decorations. If you have a decorated tree, it might brighten up the room at this time of years when it gets dark so early.

I have put some simple lights in the window. The (artificial) tree will be decorated tomorrow evening, and will not have lights on it nor tinsel. There will just be various decorations accumulated over the last thirty years. Having said that it is your choice as to whether to have one.

TVC

Well, I guess it's nice if you have kids, or if you are a couple that entertains/gets visitors during the festive season.
Normally Lullabelle and I spend Christmas Day and Boxing day just with ourselves and we don't bother with a tree and decorations, and we certainly don't do the turkey and all the fixins' bit. However there has been a change to the family structure this year and we are hosting a house full on Christmas day.
We are taking great pleasure in getting a tree and decorations together, organising a full traditional meal and are really looking forward to being hosts. But that is because it is a novelty, next year I reserve the right to do nothing and I fully support anyone who chooses not to engage with the marketing departments view that you have a duty to ensure that everyone "Has the best Christmas ever...".

Top Bottom