Living alone Christmas tree or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't make my mind up this year no one else will see it :sad: so yes or no
My 'tree' stays in place all year round...I can't be asterisked to move it, not least because it is made from two offcuts of wood that are angled, and need a corner to nestle into...otherwise I have more junk to find space for! Yes, Numbnuts - get a tree. Reflect. Be happy that you can make the choice and make sure there are enough treats on it - for you, for anyone. Last year, I didn't even turn my tree on...but it was still there. My friends Patrick and Veronique in Paris used to have a 'real' tree in place all year round also. We think alike - every day can be a 'giving' day if we put our minds to it. :smile::snowball::santa::smooch:

sbhir7.jpg

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
I do not understand why people have lights outside their house, I have seen fully decorated trees in porches where they cannot be seen by the home owners, and lights on trees in gardens where again they won't be seen because the curtains are closed. Why pay electricity for lights you cannot see :scratch:

Icey

I like seeing houses and gardens lit up with Christmas lights, makes me smile. Winter can sometimes feel so dark and long that it is lovely to see some brightly coloured lights for a change and places looking pretty. So if I was on my own, I would still decorate the house, not with a lot of things but enough to make it look bright and festive, just as I have this year even though there is just the 2 of us and the dog.

User269

I've decided no Christmas tree this year

Ps and the avatar is back to normal :smile:
Good for you!

Did you write The Road Less Travelled? If not, read it!

andyfraser

Über Member
I used to put my lights up. That was festive enough for me. The OH insists on a tree and some ornaments and a load of christmas bears.

Top Bottom