Lockdown skills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just getting through the day without wanting to punch someone.

alicat

Legendary Member
Thank you for the youtube song, @anothersam. That expresses my sentiments exactly. It doesn't help that my mother's favourite saying was 'only boring people get bored' whenever I said that I was bored.

Loving the pics of your rabbit, btw. They do stave off the boredom momentarily. 💫

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm learning how best to teach online - getting myself in the right place so people can see what I'm doing.

I'm also putting aside a bit of time to work on my presently very basic Spanish..

In the hope that one day I'll be able to go and inflict it on the natives again.

I have bought myself a decent mitre saw, some glass, some frame mouldings and mounts and I have finally got around to making frames for several paintings and photographs I have been meaning to frame for many a long year............ I have also finally got down to reading one of the best books of its type I have ever read, namely Vulcan 607 written by Rowland White.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We were planning a bicycle adventure to Pegasus Bridge, St Maire Eglise and Caen on our Bromptons. That's off due to the circumstances.
I decided to try and brush up my schoolboy French of over 50 years ago 😯
A little a day, it is surprising how much of what I learned pops back into my head.

@alicat,
Bored? Bored? Don't talk to me about bored! As a (much) younger man I did a few track races. 24 hours non stop running round a 400 metre running track could get a bit monotonous 😂

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Loving the pics of your rabbit, btw. They do stave off the boredom momentarily. 💫

fc2DDmK.jpg

My work here is done – for the moment

Venod

Eh up
I have started tinkering with old watches anything mechanical interests me, but in miniature its an all new world, learning how to operate tweezers with minimum pressure, otherwise the bit your holding flies off into oblivion, I have spent an inordinate amount of time on the floor searching for lost parts.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've had over 6 years of practice of not doing a lot* since I broke my leg so it hasn't been much different, I pretty much stopped going to pubs since the smoking ban as well. I do miss mates coming round but the new BT package we're on gives us unlimited phone calls at any time even to mobiles so staying in touch isn't a problem.

* I can still do things but only for an hour or so before the pain gets too bad and I have to stop and rest. :sad:

Top Bottom