Lockdown skills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
I had a crack at something that looks so simple when the professionals have a go.
Screenshot_20200413-094135_Gallery.jpg

Smudge

Veteran
I think a lot of people are cutting their own or their families hair now. I've also noticed the price of hair clippers deals on HUKD are higher than they usually are.
I've been cutting my own hair for the last 20yrs, so the current situation is no different for me.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have been sewing more and Making cakes. If I make many more Mr WD will end up weighing about 20 stone. :laugh:

Oooh yes, some half finished sewing projects have been languishing for a couple of years.

I was someway into making myself a camping quilt / poncho, with synthetic fill.
Specifically for bike touring, rather than hiking.

Must revive that soon. :okay:

Trouble is I'm no less busy than before lock down really :blink:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I pretty much stopped going to pubs since the smoking ban as well
13 years ago next month in Wales and 13 in July in England when the ban came in. You word it like you miss the smell of smoke in pubs!:laugh: They still light up,usually late at night when the pub door's shut, in my local pub. It seems so odd now to smell cigarette smoke in pubs,whereas when the ban came in it seemed so odd to not smell cigarettes.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Trying to master my rollers but the anxiety thing isn’t helping.
I leave the front door unlocked in case I fall off and break my neck :ohmy:
I am learning at the bedroom door so I can look, straight ahead, down the hall area to the front door. About 3.5m away.

roley poley

Über Member
now I have time to put in two new drive belts I bought a while ago in the original sony Walkman TPS-L2 watched the install on ewechewb v.fiddly for the sausage finger man I am but bloody silly money seems to be paid on ebay for them and there is no wage coming in right now what more incentive do I need

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I've had over 6 years of practice of not doing a lot* since I broke my leg so it hasn't been much different, I pretty much stopped going to pubs since the smoking ban as well. I do miss mates coming round but the new BT package we're on gives us unlimited phone calls at any time even to mobiles so staying in touch isn't a problem.

* I can still do things but only for an hour or so before the pain gets too bad and I have to stop and rest. :sad:

Due to health issues in the family we have been practicing disappointment in not being able to do things we had planned to do for some time. Also being a less-than-interesting person with a line in really not funny jokes, we have also been practicing social distancing too, although unintentially. So at the moment I feel like my life has been one long training session for this period.

Latest lockdown skills involve determining the differences between a 7-year-old boy and a 6-year-old boy. I would have thought they would be rather similar, or at least easy to extrapolate from one to another, but this is not so. Probably a good idea to start thinking about the psychology of an 8-year-old boy now, rather than later.

I have also been out running with him. We did 5k today. 30:30. Starting to extrapolate his times, and he may well beat me before he hits his teens. That's only 6 more years of being able to talk to him whilst running.

Top Bottom