Lockdown skills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Due to health issues in the family we have been practicing disappointment in not being able to do things we had planned to do for some time. Also being a less-than-interesting person with a line in really not funny jokes, we have also been practicing social distancing too, although unintentially. So at the moment I feel like my life has been one long training session for this period.

Latest lockdown skills involve determining the differences between a 7-year-old boy and a 6-year-old boy. I would have thought they would be rather similar, or at least easy to extrapolate from one to another, but this is not so. Probably a good idea to start thinking about the psychology of an 8-year-old boy now, rather than later.

I have also been out running with him. We did 5k today. 30:30. Starting to extrapolate his times, and he may well beat me before he hits his teens. That's only 6 more years of being able to talk to him whilst running.

Give him a full rucksack to carry and tell him it's to compensate for the weight difference. :okay:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I almost don't want to ask..
.. But what do you need to inspect??

No, it's fine, please feel under no obligation whatsoever to answer that.. :blink:

I've got a full compliment of teeth to gaze at.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
13 years ago next month in Wales and 13 in July in England when the ban came in. You word it like you miss the smell of smoke in pubs!:laugh: They still light up,usually late at night when the pub door's shut, in my local pub. It seems so odd now to smell cigarette smoke in pubs,whereas when the ban came in it seemed so odd to not smell cigarettes.
I still smoke so buying overpriced beer in pubs then having to go outside for a fag is a pain, I used to stop at pubs when on a ride but sat outside of course then I'd be dressed for the weather so it was OK for a quick pint before heading off again.
The one group that benefitted from the smoking ban are the dope smokers, before the ban if people were stood outside smoking they got 'funny looks' but now people just think "Oh they're just having a fag" and there were a few pubs where people smoked weed inside, The Talbot in Market Harborough being one I 'experienced'. :eek:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I tried coming off citalopram last week, that was new. A very angry Sean:angry:. Back on it, had to start taking it again for my marrige and my sanity. Might try again in another 10 years:shy:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Me too ^_^

And nary a filling, neither. :angel:

However, I've never yet felt the need to inspect them with a mirror.

Still, I'm hardly in a position to be judging other peoples past times :rolleyes:
My sudden interest in DIY dentistry was prompted by a wisdom tooth which seems to be emerging. I can feel it with my tongue but I can't see it clearly, hence the mirror (£1.99 on Ebay). I was tempted by a zip case full of dental tools for a mere £29 but decided it would be a bit reckless to get ambitious.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My sudden interest in DIY dentistry was prompted by a wisdom tooth which seems to be emerging. I can feel it with my tongue but I can't see it clearly, hence the mirror (£1.99 on Ebay). I was tempted by a zip case full of dental tools for a mere £29 but decided it would be a bit reckless to get ambitious.

Fair enough :rolleyes:

The only thing the dentist has ever done to me - beyond the scale and polish thing - is extract my top two wisdom teeth.

I'd heard all the kneeling on your chest / breaking your jaw, horror story stuff..
So was expecting a bumpy ride.

But a bit of mild poking about, after the anaesthetic, and they were out.

Of course, I was more relieved than dissapointed at the outcome, but it maybe you don't have to worry as much as some might have you believe .

Mrs M

Guru
Still at work
So
Coping with the daily changes to instructions and processes
Taking lunch to work every day instead of nipping out for something I just fancy
If I do venture out at lunchtime, avoiding people in the city centre who don’t seem to understand social distancing, including the guy wearing a mask who stood right beside a lady at the traffic lights!
Coming home most evenings to a lovely home cooked meal, courtesy of Mr M :smile:
Bomb sit kitchen, again courtesy of Mr M :sad:
Camaraderie at work and maintaining a sense of humour.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I imagine that it's still possible to get help if you have a full-on dental crisis but I think it would be a bit reckless to visit a dentist right now if it's not an emergency. Are they still open for business?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well, what are you attempting to master???
I've bought a dental inspection mirror and some hair cutting stuff. Anything else?
Brings to mind the most unlikely 'Would I lie to you?' ever - when Bob Mortimer claimed DIY dentistry, and revealed it to be true.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Actually here's a 'newly acquired skill' for me..

Stopping work before it's too dark to see, or I'm so tired that I do dumb stuff, that has to be 'undone' the following day.

Enjoying the 'go slow' when and where possible.

Nice weather, too.

Top Bottom