Lockdown skills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My central heating has started playing up and I would prefer not to have the hassle and potential risk of having someone come round at the moment. It can wait a few months for the corona crisis to settle down.

I had thought that I wouldn't need the heating on again until September but we've had a couple of cold evenings recently. Once the room got down to 12 degrees I decided to use my little convector heater to take the chill off the room. It did the job. Until it didn't... I'm now brushing up on my convector heater repair skills!

I noticed a couple of sparks flying inside the heater and have just opened it up. Houston, we have a problem... :eek:

View attachment 515785

I imagine that the problem was caused by the spade connector not having been pushed on properly. The terminal is badly burnt too. I'll see if I can clean it up and if I can I will get hold of a new connector. The cable itself is damaged near the connector but there is enough spare for me to cut it back to undamaged cores.

The heater was only about £15 new but I don't like chucking things away which can be repaired.
Well, I just about got to September before chilly conditions returned so it was time to fix the heater. I just sorted it out - 6p for a spade connector and half an hour of my labour!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I learnt how to install and use Zoom.
I worked out how to install my own ringtones.
I got my curtain opening and closing device to work.
I finished reading my book on how to fix anything electronic, although the only time I tried it I failed.
I am continuing to study Latin. I am reading Winnie Ille Pu at a page a day.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I managed to find something nearly as expensive as bikes to which N+1 also applies

IMG_0389.jpg

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Picked up my jewellery making out of random stuff I've collected again. Work in progress but I enjoy it. Been at work throughout though as I work in social care so only really missed popping in the pub occasionally.

Top Bottom