Lockdown skills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brushing up on my portraiture skills using coloured pencils. Time to take a break from pen & watercolours.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
IMG_0244.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My central heating has started playing up and I would prefer not to have the hassle and potential risk of having someone come round at the moment. It can wait a few months for the corona crisis to settle down.

I had thought that I wouldn't need the heating on again until September but we've had a couple of cold evenings recently. Once the room got down to 12 degrees I decided to use my little convector heater to take the chill off the room. It did the job. Until it didn't... I'm now brushing up on my convector heater repair skills!

I noticed a couple of sparks flying inside the heater and have just opened it up. Houston, we have a problem... :eek:

Burnt out connector.jpg

I imagine that the problem was caused by the spade connector not having been pushed on properly. The terminal is badly burnt too. I'll see if I can clean it up and if I can I will get hold of a new connector. The cable itself is damaged near the connector but there is enough spare for me to cut it back to undamaged cores.

The heater was only about £15 new but I don't like chucking things away which can be repaired.

Last edited:

roley poley

Veteran
metric and imperial all in one!!!!
WIN_20200417_17_13_11_Pro.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Learning how to take more breaks in the day. I normally only stop once in the day for a bite to eat. My other half is at home at the moment so its a few cups of tea through out the day. The job is taking longer than it should. But i have plenty of time.👍

How to have fun with Microsoft Teams. I have been changing my background and then appearing and disappearing as I move out of the foreground much to colleagues amusement. Ha ha.

Also learnt to master the plank and cha cha slide together as demonstrated here

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhXhjcxm6A
Great way to get some core exercise without the every increasingly annoying Joe Wickes who just wants to do shoutouts instead of a 30min workout.

Also learnt that my colleagues who said they could never be paperless and never work from home can do both of those things absolutely fine with no loss of productivity. Only true problem is lack of a monitor and poor desk position for those without a home office.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My central heating has started playing up and I would prefer not to have the hassle and potential risk of having someone come round at the moment. It can wait a few months for the corona crisis to settle down.

I had thought that I wouldn't need the heating on again until September but we've had a couple of cold evenings recently. Once the room got down to 12 degrees I decided to use my little convector heater to take the chill off the room. It did the job. Until it didn't... I'm now brushing up on my convector heater repair skills!

I noticed a couple of sparks flying inside the heater and have just opened it up. Houston, we have a problem... :eek:

View attachment 515785

I imagine that the problem was caused by the spade connector not having been pushed on properly. The terminal is badly burnt too. I'll see if I can clean it up and if I can I will get hold of a new connector. The cable itself is damaged near the connector but there is enough spare for me to cut it back to undamaged cores.

The heater was only about £15 new but I don't like chucking things away which can be repaired.
I've got a fair few spades. Can you measure the size of the male connector? I could bung some in the post if you send me a PM with your address.

Top Bottom