London Commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen-D

I have just returned from London after taking my misses to Bon Jovi at the O2, we were there for a few days and i really have to take my hat off to all the people who commute in this City, on my daily commute i cycle 7.5 miles to work, on big wide roads and although sometimes it can be busy its generally not a problem. was in London for about 20 minutes when i saw about 4 near hits with Cycles v's Buses, Cars, Pedestrians and a dog, how the hell do you guys cope with the crazyness of London??

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It just goes with the territory mate. After a while it's just becomes natural filtering inbetween traffic, knocking over peds and RLJ'ing soon becomes natural behaviour (for some :becool: :laugh:)

OP
OP
Stephen-D

Stephen-D

LOL Ian, i saw that a lot to, sometimes i felt really sorry for cyclist because even people crossing the road didnt even look or care a cyclist was coming down london Bridge at 20 Mph etc. and yeh i did see a lot of people on bikes toddling along at 5mph infront of big red buses thinking to myslef hes gonna get squashed soon.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
to be honest Steve, there are very little incidents considering the amount of cyclists, peds, cars, buses, taxies etc on the road at the same time. But as I said. You do soon get used to it.

potsy

Rambler
ianrauk said:
to be honest Steve, there are very little incidents considering the amount of cyclists, peds, cars, buses, taxies etc on the road at the same time. But as I said. You do soon get used to it.
That's not the impression I get when hackers is on here:biggrin:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Stephen, I hope you enjoyed the stay (and the concert! did he get that ol' takamine out?....I quite like some of their accoustic stuff).

I haven't had the pleasure of riding in any other cities but i always assume they are just the same (other than the sights) so its interesting to get your view on it.

I am feeling suitably smug;)

NigC

I guess you just learn to live it wherever you are. I'd hate to take my bike into London, but if forced to, I'm sure I'd soon adapt and wonder what all the fuss was about.

OP
OP
Stephen-D

Stephen-D

I was in York a couple of weeks ago and it seemed like a Cycling Mecca, there were bikes everwhere and i could be wrong (way wrong) but it seemed cyclists were the priority!

Origamist

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Crikey, you pass other cyclists close, or is it the lens?

Bit of both. It's a 170 degree lens but I was being stingy with space in a few cases in that clip.

Top Bottom