London crap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a northerner enticed to London many many moons ago, and still in love with so much of it, I really shouldn't do this.

And it will of course play into the hands of some, but on seeing this plugged in the often bonkers too cool by half Londonist I really can't help it.

https://www.terramundoexp.com/?utm_...um=email&utm_campaign=londonistemail&utm_ad=1

I get out to lots of stuff in London, including academic stuff at times, so am well used to some of the outer fringes. And I get emailed some right old stuff.

Anyone get any more examples?

That food to me looks rather like nouvelle plus sound and vision.

Folk might need a bag of chips on the way home.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As a northerner enticed to London many many moons ago, and still in love with so much of it, I really shouldn't do this.

And it will of course play into the hands of some, but on seeing this plugged in the often bonkers too cool by half Londonist I really can't help it.

https://www.terramundoexp.com/?utm_...um=email&utm_campaign=londonistemail&utm_ad=1

I get out to lots of stuff in London, including academic stuff at times, so am well used to some of the outer fringes. And I get emailed some right old stuff.

WoW.....all that and only £95.00**.
Sadly some people will pay it.
**dont forget the booking fee:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Actually I didn't look at the price.

Not mega expensive compared to some London places.

But as you say, there's not exactly a lot of it is there?

You forgetting the drinks? Extra? Served through a pipette?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
"jus" ?

I did note this:

"Tantalising appetisers and amuse bouche"

Have no idea what those last two words are about (the food laughs at you?) and will try not to google.

They do use "pair" paired etc which always rings bells for me.

I'll drink what I want thanks very much.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Actually I didn't look at the price.

Not mega expensive compared to some London places.

But as you say, there's not exactly a lot of it is there?

You forgetting the drinks? Extra? Served through a pipette?

Sometimes it's best not to look to closely as you might have a heart attack if you do see the price

simon.r

Person
A few years ago I went to a Michelin starred restaurant.

It had jus all over the menu, amuse bouches galore, wines paired to each course, sounded as pretentious as could be and was eye wateringly expensive.

You know what? It was absolutely fantastic.

The food was amazing, the wine was incredibly good and ‘worked’ with each course and the service was astonishingly good.

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, as the saying goes.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Amuse-bouche means nibbles. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
A few years ago I went to a Michelin starred restaurant.

It had jus all over the menu, amuse bouches galore, wines paired to each course, sounded as pretentious as could be and was eye wateringly expensive.

You know what? It was absolutely fantastic.

The food was amazing, the wine was incredibly good and ‘worked’ with each course and the service was astonishingly good.

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, as the saying goes.
At our local I can get 2 x gammon egg and chips for £11.00 and pair it nicely with a pint of guest ale.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The last time I was at a ‘proper restaurant’ I didn’t like the “amuse bouche” so I told the waiter that my Bouche wasn’t Amused. He wasn’t amused, but I did enjoy getting to click my fingers and say Garçon, in a very loud and condescending manner.

You are so common. ^_^

I've had meals with similar portion sizes in Japan.

All very well, and possibly a good way to make a profit on an otherwise pretty useless basement, but honestly: "Got questions? We got answers."? Didn't they learn any grammar in school?

Last edited:
Top Bottom