FNRttC London to Shoreham Friday 2nd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't done a FNRTTC starting from the Southbank before. Out of interest does the route cross the river or stick to the South now? I always like to cycle across the river when I am up in the smoke so may have to do a quick loop before the start if not.
Well, we start south of the river and head to a point on the south coast....

J1888

Über Member
Dark clouds around Waterloo at the moment, feels quite warm too...no idea what that all means, but I'm thinking rain. Better now than later.

sagefly

Veteran
Ransome, we can meet you at Wellington Arch 23:30 I'm meeting Mark St1 at Paddo around 23:20 I quite like to start the FNRttC from HPC, nostalgia and all that

lazybloke

Considering a new username
These Fridays rides are crazy good. Have only done two: got rather damp on one, saturated on the other, but was hooked and am very sad to be missing them this year. Sadly my Saturdays are not currently free for journeying home / snoozing.

Local weather in Surrey this last hour has included sporadic torrential rain and rumbles of thunder. Feels like more rain to come.
Good luck, earn those breakfasts!

U

User482

@Flying Dodo arranged the rain so the streets are washed clean in preparation for our ride. It's all part of the Fridays' service.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guys, am out. Sadly Wimper's cat Henry died unexpectedly this morning, (probable accident) and we did not have his loss confirmed until early afternoon.
Very sad. Will stay and hug Wimpers lots.

London-Shoreham-Deal can wait.

This now means it won't rain!
Enjoy.
FF.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Guys, am out. Sadly Wimper's cat Henry died unexpectedly this morning, (probable accident) and we did not have his loss confirmed until early afternoon.
Very sad.

London-Shoreham-Deal can wait.

This now means it won't rain!
Enjoy.
FF.
RIP Henry. See you soon.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I haven't done a FNRTTC starting from the Southbank before. Out of interest does the route cross the river or stick to the South now? I always like to cycle across the river when I am up in the smoke so may have to do a quick loop before the start if not.

You'll get a double dose of river crossing on tonight's FNRttC. And that's just counting the Thames. If I were to add up all the other river crossings we do, you'll faint in amazement.

Top Bottom