FNRttC London to Shoreham Friday 2nd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Halfway should be OK, as it is a scout hut in its own grounds. The airport at the end is more public, the bikes will be outside and not necessarily in line of sight. As public places go, I guess that it is lower risk than many but I will be locking up whichever of my bikes I have.
+1 Exactly my take on the situation at the airport. Even if in your line of sight from inside, there are several doors and steps to negotiate if you saw someone taking an undue interest in your bike. It'd be long gone before you could get there.

robjh

Legendary Member
Dare I say it, but the Met Office forecast is reasonably kind.
Anyone planning to get to London early on Friday evening might want to think about some waterproofs. Still nice big temperatures though.
upload_2017-5-31_21-41-28.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Judging by tonight, and the last couple of Friday nights, I'll almost certainly be on the 2208 train into Waterloo rather than the 2138- so arriving 2323. No doubt the unusual suspects will be waiting under the arch.....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'll be coming through Victoria, but won't be going to HPC now we don't have to :smile:. I rely on @User to act as guide to the new start, although I am gradually getting the hang of it (it's complicated by road closures atm).
This. I need a guide to the new start from Victoria if poss... What time?

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Stunning early morning sunrise currently at Shoreham Airport on their live web cam.

Of course, anyone looking at this later, will see brighter skies!

StuartG

slower but further
And interested in a ceremonial ride to HPC?
Meet usual place opposite Platform 12, Victoria around 23:20 (I'll be arriving on the London Bridge train) for the loop up to HPC, down to Buck House and across Parliament Square - unless its wet in which case I'll be going direct.

U

User482

Meet usual place opposite Platform 12, Victoria around 23:20 (I'll be arriving on the London Bridge train) for the loop up to HPC, down to Buck House and across Parliament Square - unless its wet in which case I'll be going direct.
I'll aim to get to the Wellington Arch for 2330 - hopefully I'll catch you there.

Bunker

Über Member
I haven't done a FNRTTC starting from the Southbank before. Out of interest does the route cross the river or stick to the South now? I always like to cycle across the river when I am up in the smoke so may have to do a quick loop before the start if not.

Top Bottom