London to Wootton Bassett and back again

Which date would you be able to make?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Some light rain is now falling in west London. Hopefully it will stay light and not for long.

redjedi

Über Member
According to the Met Office it will stop before midnight and be dry until Tuesday afternoon.
If I can find it I may stick the mud guard on

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Yup, been raining in Staines for about 40 mins now, not heavy, not light, but rain none the less.

Grey cloud, but light grey cloud, so hopefully it will clear then that will be it.. *crosses-fingers*.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
BBC has it fading away from now on. XC Weather has it fading from midnight and Metcheck seems to think we've got drizzle until around dawn or a bit later.

It's too late now, we're committed. Think of the soldiers!!!
biggrin.gif

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Absolutely pissing down here. I say this not to gloat or discourage (I have to go on a so called Midummer Ride this evening myself), but by way of warning that the deluge might well be heading to meet you. Bring all that wet-weather gear, Gentlemen...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Yup, your right there big M! All for the cause.

I have to warn you all, I am quite a zombie and my attentiveness is all over the show, but, Ill be fine!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Absolutely pissing down here. I say this not to gloat or discourage (I have to go on a so called Midummer Ride this evening myself), but by way of warning that the deluge might well be heading to meet you. Bring all that wet-weather gear, Gentlemen...

Cheers Claud!! I've still got my fingers crossed that it's heading North across our path but if not, well we get wet!!!

Yup, your right there big M! All for the cause.

I have to warn you all, I am quite a zombie and my attentiveness is all over the show, but, Ill be fine!

Normal ride out then Davy?

Ith pitheth down in NW Londinium - hard. :smile: (Just wanted to join in with all the scary weather stuff.) As I write, the A30 at Runnymede- by the roundabout is still closed for crash investigations... there might be a soupcon of walking. Hopefully it will be cleared by then - been ongoing for 4 hours or so now...

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Right. Well my plans are all over the place. Claud's post sent me scurrying home for wet weather gear. At time of writing I've been in entirely too little time, swapped a front tyre, witnessed the aftermath of our 1 year old upending an entire bottle of red food colouring over herself, dug through the wreckage to find she'd also cut her lip, fed the 3 year old, grabbed the GPS, realised it has neither fresh batteries nor route for the trip, said "sod it", posted this and left Evey with one on each arm.

See you at the 'taph.

Top Bottom