Londoners -getting into Wembley stadium?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Metropolitan Line is your friend if you attack from the West etc... Uxbridge, Harrow, Stanmore (Jubilee) are always favourites for the FA Cup travellers...The (Met)trains have been massively packed since Tottenham have adopted Wembley as their Home venue, so it is obviously convenient.
Perhaps park near Heathrow and get the Piccadilly inbound. Connections are frequent and easy?
Every which way to Wembley looks ok according to the TfL page
https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/planned-works-calendar

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5251654, member: 45"]We're travelling from Bristol on Saturday for the play-offs. Obviously I'd like to minimise traffic/crowded trains. Any advice? What about parking up to 30 minutes walk away?[/QUOTE]

May i ask who's in the final?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
@Aperitif is right. Park somewhere like Rickmansworth, which has a large (commuter-sized) multi-storey carpark, and take the Met line to Wembley Park, or High Wycombe and go to Wembley Stadium (station) on the Chiltern line - you'll be going in a different direction to most of the traffic. Yes, it will be slow and inconvenient, you'll need to arrive in loads of time, and you'll need to check train times carefully, but if you wanted quick and convenient you wouldn't be going to Wembley, you'd be staying at home and turning on the telly.

I say this not knowing whether Wycombe Wanderers or Rickmansworth Rangers are playing, in which case all bets are off.

I might add that if you venture toward Rickmansworth / The Chilterns etc in earxh of "Wemberley, Wemberley"...it would probably be better value heading toward Waddesdon Manor for a grand day out and watch the 'Replay' anon! Association Football - aka soccer - is a load of balderdash anyway.
Exeter will be at Twickenham on Saturday...now; that might be a contest '+'. Enjoy Wembley - and if all else fails, the shopping complex alongside, but a few minutes walk away, has a 'ProCook' branch with lots of bargains!

gavgav

Guru
[QUOTE 5251654, member: 45"]We're travelling from Bristol on Saturday for the play-offs. Obviously I'd like to minimise traffic/crowded trains. Any advice? What about parking up to 30 minutes walk away?[/QUOTE]
Are you supporting Villa? I’m there on sunday with Shrewsbury and whilst it won’t help me, as I’m staying over in a hotel and getting the tube across, Wealdstone FC are offering parking and access to their social club (beer and food), before being able to get the overland train to Wembley. They are doing the same for Villa fans on Saturday I believe .

https://www.ruislipsocialclub.co.uk/wembley-parking/

[QUOTE 5251752, member: 45"]Thanks people. I'm looking forward to the experience, but I'm not a fanatic. It's for The Boy, who is.[/QUOTE]
Ther will be room-a-plenty for all your family. As @srw says, the outskirts, particularly of the Metropolitan Line 'arrow' toward Wembley in a very simple, friendly fashion.

steven1988

Veteran
Of the many times I've been to Wembley ( yet to witness a win with my team - I'll leave that one open to guesses) we've gone two ways parked at Stanmore and caught the tube in which was all well and good till we tried to get back out and it took us nearly 2 hours to get put of the car park.

The other times we've prebooked at a school which was a 5 minute walk to the ground and was much easier I just can't think how we found it

MarkF

Guru
When I've driven in I've always rented a space from one of the many industrial units that rent them out on match days, always within 15/20 mins walk.

Enjoy the day. :okay:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Exeter will be at Twickenham on Saturday...now; that might be a contest '+'.

Exeter? Blimey. I've not followed the Premiership closely for a few years so the rise of the Chiefs has largely passed me by - I see they won it last year as well.

Very odd to see the likes of Bath, Leicester and Harlequins languishing in mid-table obscurity.

Top Bottom