Lone Rides in remote areas what extra spares do you carry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I dont know if it was just around us here , but today it rained for about half an hour then has been glorious all day.
Sat in all day awaiting the biblical rain storms that never came.
Blimey - we have had exactly the weather as forecast here - torrential downpours one after another, with drizzly grey spells (and the odd moment of brightness) in between and I'm sure that it was all heading for where I rode yesterday!

(For those of you who won't know - DD is only about 7.5 miles/12 km SSW of here, as the carrier pigeon flies.)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
wow you lot must be weighed down !! i have puncture repair kit multi tool and a smile :girldance:
No pump or tyre levers? :smile:

An emergency pie.

galaporkeggpie.JPG

Then there is the major problem at the end of the ride...

The pie will not last until the next ride

What on earth does one do with it?

MikeG

Guru
I travel regularly in Africa. On most of my trips I bump into cyclists who are riding from London to Cape Town, or the other way around, and most of them carry no more than is being suggested here other than some spare spokes and lube. If you knew the state of the roads in Africa, you'd think they were nuts, but by the time I get to see these guys down in Zambia, Botswana or Namibia, they have already done three quarters of the length of Africa (plus all of Europe), and have chucked away everything useless they were carrying just as ballast. So, take @marcusjb 's advice, take stuff to deal with things coming loose, punctures and broken chains only..........and just relax!

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Just the usual puncture kit and tools etc... If not going too remote.

Although if I'm going somewhere deserted, remoter parts of Scotland or off road on dartmoor for example, I just carry a basic doss kit, emergency bivvy bag, fire lighting gear, knife, first aid kit etc...

Prob gonna carry a VHF 2 way radio next time I go off the beaten track in Scotland as mobile phone signal seems to stop at hadrians wall.

Top Bottom