long or short hair on blokes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KitsuneAndy

Foghat said:
In professional circles, it's impossible to take a chap seriously if he has long hair. Or talks with an ooh-aarhh-thank-you-vicar Worzels accent.

Strange that......

Funny, because I've never had a problem being taken seriously in 'professional' circles and I have long hair.

Each to their own

Having said that, having been a fully signed up "slap-head" since me late 20's, have always been No2 with the little that's left, and now look at guys who have any length hair beyond crew cut, and think "what a faff, just couldn't be bothered";)...but then I don't have any choice do I:biggrin:;)

col

Legendary Member
Its been a number probably three,for the last ten years or so,i find two and one too short,but do it myself with a twelve mil depth.It beats having to wet your hair every morning,so you dont look like wurzel gummage:smile:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
col said:
Its been a number probably three,for the last ten years or so,i find two and one too short,but do it myself with a twelve mil depth.It beats having to wet your hair every morning,so you dont look like wurzel gummage:smile:
Totally agree, when you wake up with "bed head" hair, it's time to get the razor out !

Rhythm Thief said:
I used to have looong curly hair for about 10 years (it's ok, I'm a guitarist), until one day I got bored and had a numbe 1 all over. Now I have it cropped once a year and leave it to grow the rest of the time.

good to see i'm not alone with this technique. i get mine cropped around the time of the vernal equinox. nice and short for summer and keeps my ears warm in winter.

L

Bigtallfatbloke

I used to crop mine to no.2 all over to fit in with the corporate image expectations of this country...now I say ...boll%x to all that and just let nature take it's course...besides I am a guitarist so:tongue::tongue:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Had waist length hair until mid 20's then shaved it all off - wet shaved my head every day.

Then last birthday (37) decided to not have it cut till I hit the big 4-0, twelve months on, shoulder length and still growing...

Now just got to dye it black, and nick the wifes eye liner and it's 80's Goth all over again :biggrin:

Yorkshire Goth - if you like it long, good luck to you! I love guys who have gorgeous wavy hair that's tied in a ponytail, but not if the top's thinning.

I prefer men's hair not to be too short & think it's a shame when men with nice hair shave it all off.

Mr Campfire has been thinning since he met me - NOOOOOO don't say it! He was ALREADY thinning when he met me at the age of 27! It's a wonder I'm not bald!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I just flicked back through this old thread and 3 things sprang to mind

Bigtallfatbloke was here

Elmer fudd was around

..and so was a very sad Laurence.

Ships that pass in the night eh?

Top Bottom