long or short hair on blokes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
BigonaBianchi said:
..brilliant guitar solo in that track..love playing it
You can play it? Wow. (Bows down.)

It's Gilmour's fave. Turns me inside out every tme I hear it. The live version on Pulse is just incredible.

Cubist

Still wavin'
BigonaBianchi said:
it's actually not to hard..just pentatonic mostly...but getting the emotion in there is where its at...and his tone..bastard eh:biggrin::biggrin:
Pentatonic is easy enough to play, but to emulate DG you need to listen (and copy) his little percussive picks between notes, his repicked bends, have more sustain than a very very sustained thing, throw pinched harmonics in where they shouldn't be but would sound so wrong without them..... I'm absolutely nowhere near able to start with his stuff.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
OK, I'll dig out the vinyl, and start headbanging. The swish of hair might be missing, but I can dream on....strange how the comb-over doesn't impress the girls these days

Cubist said:
Pentatonic is easy enough to play, but to emulate DG you need to listen (and copy) his little percussive picks between notes, his repicked bends, have more sustain than a very very sustained thing, throw pinched harmonics in where they shouldn't be but would sound so wrong without them..... I'm absolutely nowhere near able to start with his stuff.

You don't want to just sound like someone else though ... the real trick is developing your own style.:smile:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speicher
I sometimes wonder what happened to BTFB.

He morphed into BOAB. Same bloke.

erm...not the same bloke at all actually...he's totally different now:laugh::biggrin:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
More handsome? is it possible? :smile::cheers: and what about the knees? :cheers:
Not totally sure it's humanly possible to get more handsome than I already am::wahhey:...and th eknees are in even better shape..and what with the new earing..well...I'm having to develop new tactics for dealing with fainting women as I ride past...and it's got nothing to do with deodorant :cheers::ohmy:;):cheers::laugh:

Top Bottom