Longest distance in one day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 12 hour female record is still held by Beryl Burton form 1967 (pre tribars, skinsuits e.t.c). At the time Beryl Burton's distance was further than the men's record.

277 miles - she beat then then holder Mike Mcnamara on the way to the record.

Will stand for a very long time that one.

It took 20 years for somone to beat hear 100 mile record - with the aid of tri bars, skin suit index gears, aero helmet etc. Not to mention the increased traffic these daze.

Britains finist ever rider.................probably.

fenman

ASC1951 said:
That's only 18% outside world record time, isn't it?

Are you one of these people who turn up on club runs and will only admit to 'having done a bit of time trialling'? I'm getting better at spotting them these days. It's not just the 85" gear and thighs like jodhpurs.

if i had known that i would have tried a bit harder, might have caught kevin Dawson since he only won the event with a total of 293.42 miles, passed me on A1 section like he was riding a 10 mile event !!!
if i was 18% outside world record time i would have done 289.1 miles to equal world record !! shame Kevins dist was not reconised

PaulB

Legendary Member
3 miles downhill with a following wind. I've never known such hell. Of course, that includes an overnight stay and a morning massage before the last 1.8 miles.

Top Bottom