Longest distance in one day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kablinsky

I'm planning to do some 100m rides next year. Was just wondering how far people have ridden in one day. Mine (at the moment) is a paltry 73 miles. It was supposed to be longer but I'd messed about with the saddle position the night before and couldn't take the pain. ;) A very harsh lesson learnt.

140 miles, touring bike with four laden panniers and a bar bag. I was a much younger cyclist then mind you.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've signed up for 180 miles in 24hrs next year. That's what happens when you're left alone with a bottle of wine and an internet connection.;)

e-rider

crappy member
Marko Baloh (of Slovenia) cycled 553 miles in 24 hours! Yes, that was a world record - not sure if it still stands today.

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

Bollo said:
I've signed up for 180 miles in 24hrs next year. That's what happens when you're left alone with a bottle of wine and an internet connection.;)

Ahhh yes, the dreaded combination. Where does one sign up for that? I was thinking of opening a bottle of Le Mura this evening and having a surf.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
485 kms is the furthest.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Longest was a New Forest Audax in 2006 - 130.78 miles. Was glad to finish but felt more or less ok (until my midge bites started emerging...)

Longest this year has been a feeble 60 something ;)

yello

270km. I road to the start of a 200km audax and then back home again. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kablinsky said:
Ahhh yes, the dreaded combination. Where does one sign up for that? I was thinking of opening a bottle of Le Mura this evening and having a surf.
La Mura! Are you sure you're from Essex?!;):biggrin: This is the chap what I have let myself in for.

Top Bottom